Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
My second square grab ride as well for me ,only 38 miles to the first square for me . 25 squares in total up to 5125 ,max cluster up 35 to 2610 .Max square up by 1 to 42*42 . Annoyingly my bad route planning completely missed a square in Coventry and today I wanted to tick all Coventry squares off

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My second square grab ride as well for me ,only 38 miles to the first square for me . 25 squares in total up to 5125 ,max cluster up 35 to 2610 .Max square up by 1 to 42*42 . Annoyingly my bad route planning completely missed a square in Coventry and today I wanted to tick all Coventry squares off

You rode some of the same roads as I did yesterday. Where did you have your cafe stop?

13 rider

Guru
After a few months of concentrating on my Southern edge today ride was targeting the Northern edge .6 squares added completed all Derby squares got 3 squares directly above my max square line and the 3 immediately above them for the future . Need 7 more squares to get another increase on this edge

13 rider

Guru
Another square grabbing ride ,target bottom left corner around Birmingham Airport to fill in a little cluster . Only 31 miles to first square today . Then home via Coventry to grab the square I missed in feb . 12 squares total 5143 max cluster up 35 to 2651 and max square up 1 to 43*43

Tribansman

Veteran
Another square grabbing ride ,target bottom left corner around Birmingham Airport to fill in a little cluster . Only 31 miles to first square today . Then home via Coventry to grab the square I missed in feb . 12 squares total 5143 max cluster up 35 to 2651 and max square up 1 to 43*43
Very impressive. What do you think's a realistic max square you can get to? After a splurge in 2019 I've been stuck on 31x31 for ages. Prioritised other stuff and a lot of awkward squares I need to gain a few lines on my max square will involve proper MTBing/walking/trespassing so keep putting it off!

Looking at the visited squares I've ridden around my max square, I can see me getting near to what you're on, but then I hit London proper, which fills me with dread :unsure:

13 rider

Guru
Very impressive. What do you think's a realistic max square you can get to? After a splurge in 2019 I've been stuck on 31x31 for ages. Prioritised other stuff and a lot of awkward squares I need to gain a few lines on my max square will involve proper MTBing/walking/trespassing so keep putting it off!

Looking at the visited squares I've ridden around my max square, I can see me getting near to what you're on, but then I hit London proper, which fills me with dread :unsure:

I live in Leicester very central as does @Supersuperleeds and his max square is in the fifties . I think theatrically we could both get well into the 80 or above but that's probably never going to happen with loop rides . On my left hand boarder now is Birmingham in a way City's are easy due to plenty of roads but it's just navigating road major road junctions

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
53 for me, hopefully 54 soon.

Peak District is going to slow me down, bloody hills

Sallar55

Veteran
4 new squares today South of Strathaven, it's hard going now. Prefer the great outdoors, going to give the big cities a miss, its bad enough going round the housing /industrial estates around your nearest city. Total 31153 and cluster 2231.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Amateur mistake number 1 today. I missed my first square, the Garmin didn't give me a turn for it and I went right by it, I knew roughly were it was so quickly knew I'd missed it.

Amateur mistake number 2; I didn't turn round and go get it once I realised I'd missed it, I can't have been more than half a mile or so away.

My route did come within a couple of miles of it again, so I did divert and go get it, added 4.5 miles to the ride, ended up doing 106.9 miles and my legs felt those extra miles.

Anyway it was worth it as that square extended my max square to 54x54. Bagged 32 new squares today including 3 or 4 that needed rides down bridleways.

1648302132644.png

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
North of Dundee, trying to stay off the main roads
Back via the greenway, not interested in picking off Dundee, big towns and cities can wait. Think I will have about 80 odd new tiles.
Actually picking off tiles in Dundee itself isn't all that bad - you can get the vast majority of them by following the NCN 1 coastal path and the Greenway. Those you can't, can be had with slight detours into suburban roads without having to tackle any busy main roads. I know this because I have relatives in Broughty Ferry and while spending a few days with them a few years back, I hired a bike from a place near Dundee University and managed to cross off a surprising amount of tiles in just a 30 mile ride:

1648418557514.png

Sallar55

Veteran
Hi Steve The greenway is good until you leave the burn, along the houses it become a mess until you hit Camperdown Park due to people parking on the cycleway. Park still has a few trees down on the paths, a lot of trees were lost up in the NE due to the big storm.

Top Bottom