Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
Onati to Tolosa, you could cycle all the way through the towns and factory roads without unclipping. The red colour is telling drivers you have priority. The major roads are crossed by underpasses or bridges dedicated to pedestrians and cyclists. I might cycle in UK cities if we had a world class bicycle infrastructure just like Spain 🇪🇸.

DSC_1619.JPG

DSC_1611.JPG

DSC_1595.JPG

DSC_1602.JPG

DSC_1614.JPG

DSC_1593.JPG

Screenshot_20220523-190746~2.png

Last edited:

Sallar55

Veteran
Down the valley then onto the via Verde, the line up into the hills and ends in Pamplona. 30 tiles, criss-crossed an earlier tour.

DSC_1703.JPG

Screenshot_20220524-213446.png

DSC_1641.JPG

DSC_1658.JPG

DSC_1714.JPG

DSC_1735.JPG

Solocle

Über Member
1653466921625.png

Plop.
26 mile evening ride from Hinton Admiral train station.
1653467195632.png

1653467206138.png

1653467243305.png

1653467264666.png

Capture.JPG

The only bit of A31 riding I did, hopping this fence onto the slip road. The gravel tracks were turning away from the services.

Explorer score: 4902 -> 4923 (+21)
Max cluster: 1412 -> 1465 (+53)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Bit the bullet and decided to go fill in my top left hand corner today. I had originally planned to set off from Leicester and finish in Derby and get the train back.

However, with the wind forecast to be northerly, vast majority of the climbing in the first 40 miles, and it allowed me to do an A road (I didn't really want to do it, but it was by far the easiest way to grab some squares) with a tailwind and more importantly downhill, I reversed the route.

Even better, with knowing which train I was going to catch I booked it last night for £2.80, ten quid cheaper than the turn up and pay price. ^_^

I did the 40 miles with all the climbing okay, missed one turn on that damn A road, but didn't want to turn around and go find it, it was literally a jump off the road and onto a track and back onto the road, neither the Garmin or Strava showed any turns as it was that miniscule, even though Strava did let me plot it on the web version.

Anyway, when I get home Veloviewer doesn't give me the square, so I open the ride and reload the activities, for those that don't know, Veloviewer uses reduced gps data unless you open the activity, which it will then use all the data. On reloading the activities it has given me the square, the road coming south must just go into the square, if I'd done my original route I wouldn't have got it :laugh:

Results on the door, 42 new squares, max cluster increased by 45 to 4,536 and max square increased by 1 to 56. :becool:

Going to turn my attention back to the east it's much flatter that way ^_^

13 rider

Guru
Bit the bullet and decided to go fill in my top left hand corner today. I had originally planned to set off from Leicester and finish in Derby and get the train back.

However, with the wind forecast to be northerly, vast majority of the climbing in the first 40 miles, and it allowed me to do an A road (I didn't really want to do it, but it was by far the easiest way to grab some squares) with a tailwind and more importantly downhill, I reversed the route.

Even better, with knowing which train I was going to catch I booked it last night for £2.80, ten quid cheaper than the turn up and pay price. ^_^

I did the 40 miles with all the climbing okay, missed one turn on that damn A road, but didn't want to turn around and go find it, it was literally a jump off the road and onto a track and back onto the road, neither the Garmin or Strava showed any turns as it was that miniscule, even though Strava did let me plot it on the web version.

Anyway, when I get home Veloviewer doesn't give me the square, so I open the ride and reload the activities, for those that don't know, Veloviewer uses reduced gps data unless you open the activity, which it will then use all the data. On reloading the activities it has given me the square, the road coming south must just go into the square, if I'd done my original route I wouldn't have got it :laugh:

Results on the door, 42 new squares, max cluster increased by 45 to 4,536 and max square increased by 1 to 56. :becool:

Going to turn my attention back to the east it's much flatter that way ^_^
Was that square off the Ashbourne road A515 ? Just above the squares at Cubley . I had that exact thing at the beginning of this month

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I stopped in someone's driveway to check the vv app which said I was in the square but had to open the ride before I was given it

I stopped in a driveway to check as well :laugh:

steverob

Guru
It's funny, I'm exactly the same - even though I know that gaining tiles has no real bearing when I'm travelling, because I would never be able to link them up to any of my other clusters - I still go out of my way to get as many tiles as possible on that visit just because it looks cool on the map to have a contiguous blob laid down somewhere else!

Was on holiday a few weeks back in Canada - pre-trip I had plotted a route I'd wanted to ride in Montreal that encompassed the Formula 1 circuit and the Olympic Park, all of it on cycleways. However upon closer viewing I noticed that I was just a tiny bit shy of two additional tiles, one of which would have left a hole in my map and I wasn't having that! A little bit of studying the map later and I found a way to get them both with small detours that anyone seeing my ride on Strava would probably wonder why I'd gone off route at that point, but to me it's completely logical.

The two tiles in question are the ones outlined in yellow below:
1654002453172.png

Top Bottom