Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
A week away in Cornwall with the bike saw me gain 15 new squares total now 5336. I've stayed at the same village Holywell bay since I've started riding again in 2014 which is right on the coast so you only have 3 directions to play with . I now have a nice arc covering virtual every square within 16 miles of base making square grabbing rides 50km + . There are few little bits of headlands with no roads left to walk or find a way to ride

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Ride out to Uttoxeter and back saw me grab 14 new squares, total now 6.286 and the cluster increased by 7 to 4,660.

steverob

Guru
Having taken the train to get some tiles to the north west of my main cluster last week, on my ride yesterday I took the train & tube south east this time to fill in a bit of a gap in my map - almost (but not quite) linking it up with my tile bridge between the Home Counties and London.

Animation1.gif

40 new tiles in all and coincidentally also 40 added to my main cluster at the same time.

Turns out SW Hertfordshire and the NW London suburbs are a surprisingly lumpy area - there were no notable climbs (just three short sharp lumps) and yet I somehow managed almost 60ft of climbing per mile, which is more than I normally get riding into the Chiltern hills. Legs definitely feeling it this morning, even though I only did 50 miles of riding.

13 rider

Guru
Today's imperial ride saw me target my bottom right corner around the town of Kettering . Added 32 squares total now 5368 ,max cluster up 40 to 2821 . Had 1 tricky square which took 3 attempts to nab couldn't get to Dry Brooke reservoir via the gravels tracks due to multiple locked gates so ended up heading back up the hill on to a Bridle path over rutted bone dry soil which was interesting

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Today's imperial ride saw me target my bottom left corner around the town of Kettering . Added 32 squares total now 5368 ,max cluster up 40 to 2821 . Had 1 tricky square which took 3 attempts to nab couldn't get to Dry Brooke reservoir via the gravels tracks due to multiple locked gates so ended up heading back up the hill on to a Bridle path over rutted bone dry soil which was interesting

I got that square going over this gate and riding into the square. Not sure how I missed all those keep out signs :laugh:

1658675601832.png

quilkin

I'd forgotten about this thread; I've been busy 'finishing off' Cornwall this summer. There are a few small bits of coastal path left but all the middle is done. There were some very tricky tiles in Bodmin Moor.
My max square is now 27x27; Dartmoor (and the sea) effectively stop me from enlarging it, sadly.

vv-cornwall.png

Next challenge is to extend my cluster beyond Bath or Bristol

cluster.png

Solocle

Über Member
I'd forgotten about this thread; I've been busy 'finishing off' Cornwall this summer. There are a few small bits of coastal path left but all the middle is done. There were some very tricky tiles in Bodmin Moor.
My max square is now 27x27; Dartmoor (and the sea) effectively stop me from enlarging it, sadly.

View attachment 655762

Next challenge is to extend my cluster beyond Bath or Bristol

View attachment 655763

Blimey, and there was I thinking it would be a challenge to extend towards Land's End!
1659684343959.png

13 rider

Guru
Today's imperial ton gained me just 3 squares and a increase of 6 on my max cluster . I had missed a tricky square on my Northern edge on my last ride so that was the target . Found a gravel track off Shipley country park on nabbed it

Top Bottom