Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonBuoy

Veteran
I grabbed that one a couple of weeks ago using the bridleway from Lutterworth. This gave me the opportunity to pay a visit to the front gates of the delightful Lutterworth Sewage Works ;) I later regretted it when I got to a sticky bit of field and got a bit clogged up. Escaping onto the A5 was actually a relief and the run up to the B4428 island was fine. However, this was a Sunday lunchtime and I wouldn't fancy it in rush hour.

Moorbarns.JPG

Crikey, everyone here is way ahead of us. Veloviewer has come onto our radar during lockdown, but as Alison is shielding we haven't been able to take advantage of the quieter roads.
We did sign up though to see where we were and start planning, that was the first time we have regretted not uploading all our rides to strava in the past! Lots of gaps where we know we have ridden in the past. Anyone know if there is a way to retrospectively get them from our Garmin connect to strava?

Trawling through this thread has really helped answer most/all of our questions about how it works, so thanks for that.

Our max square is rather embarrassing at 6x6, with an unridden(according to rideeverytile - which we found through here) tile in the corner preventing at least 7x7, we do think it should be possible to get on the MTB's though, along with a second nearby unridden tile too.
Just two reasonable rides since shielders were allowed out for exercise has upped our tile count by 20 and our cluster by 74 tiles.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Crikey, everyone here is way ahead of us. Veloviewer has come onto our radar during lockdown, but as Alison is shielding we haven't been able to take advantage of the quieter roads.
We did sign up though to see where we were and start planning, that was the first time we have regretted not uploading all our rides to strava in the past! Lots of gaps where we know we have ridden in the past. Anyone know if there is a way to retrospectively get them from our Garmin connect to strava?

Trawling through this thread has really helped answer most/all of our questions about how it works, so thanks for that.

Our max square is rather embarrassing at 6x6, with an unridden(according to rideeverytile - which we found through here) tile in the corner preventing at least 7x7, we do think it should be possible to get on the MTB's though, along with a second nearby unridden tile too.
Just two reasonable rides since shielders were allowed out for exercise has upped our tile count by 20 and our cluster by 74 tiles.

Ride every can only see public data. So it’d never see the squares I have ridden. I too found VeloViewer during lockdown. I don’t worry about rides not in Strava. It’s just a another excuse to ride the same road , bridleways, byway etc. For instance I’m visiting old mtn bike rides on the road bike for fun when collecting squares.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Re the Garmin connect, worse case you will be able to download the gpx files and manually upload them to Strava. Though someone who uses a Garmin may be able to tell you how to get it to do it automatically

If you connect your garmin connect to strava, it'll sync all future rides but I don't know if it'll do them retrospectively. I'm sure therell be a Web app to do it for you if not.

Global Nomad

Regular
Rob and Alison, we all started somewhere, once you make the shift to conscious riding in new places you'll see your numbers go up very quickly. best wishes and take it easy.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I used lockdown to tackle many of the city centres on the edge of my max square. So now just lots of country lanes left to expand in those directions.

Global Nomad

Regular
just made a classic mistake of routing with a spur to grab a tile rather than taking the longer route....and of course missing the spur and realising to much further on to go back....now a ride of 25km just to get to the lone tile...should have turned back...
anyhow, up to a 19x19 this week, so all good.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
just made a classic mistake of routing with a spur to grab a tile rather than taking the longer route....and of course missing the spur and realising to much further on to go back....now a ride of 25km just to get to the lone tile...should have turned back...
anyhow, up to a 19x19 this week, so all good.

I have a couple of spurs I missed. Oh well it’s nice countryside to ride again and not every ride has to be dominated by square collecting.

Top Bottom