Wales : South Glamorgan Velothon Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
At the Tumble, the first left handed his a very nice surprise around it :angry: I think a riders words next to me were something like "Oh my god" :smile:

Looking at my data on Strava, I max heart rate was (I don't always trust my heart rate monitor) 201 on the Tumble. That must have been while I was still riding, possibly just after the second bend, so unless I could have controlled that very quickly, riding it was never going to happen even if my legs weren't trying to disown me :smile:
The tumble is a nice climb, its just one that you have to take nice and steady......but glad you enjoyed the day

sleaver

Veteran
This will give you lot a laugh :smile:

I kept seeing the signs saying "Turn ahead 50". The first one I thought that was for the 50k route but then they kept coming and I was thinking that there couldn't have been this many turn offs.

Then I noticed the small "m" :banghead: I didn't even twig when I kept turning :whistle:

That 25km sign near the top of Caerphilly was also depressing and lead to some others saying "there better not be", until we got close and saw it said "Pro Race" :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Sounds like a pretty good day was had by all, well done everyone :okay:
I've seen some pics and it looked pretty awesome to see that many cyclists, although I did wonder if it may have been a little frustrating if you were plodding up a climb and people were stopping or walking in front of you?
My mate did it, but I haven't seen him yet to have a chat, I don't know if you saw him, his name's Mike?

2wheelsgeth

Rebuilt, but not yet better than ever
Aching today, but worth it! 4.43 for me, or add an extra hour if you add in the stops (I still have no idea how I managed to stop for an hour - did I doze off somewhere?). Will definitely go back and have another go at the Tumble, probably on a day when there aren't 15000 other idiots grinding up it though. Great support on the roads as well.but everyone

Saw a nasty-looking off at the bottom of the Tumble descent - paramedics attending. Hope it wasn't anyone from here, and whoever it was, I hope it wasn't as serious as it looked.

Who's in for next year?..

Norry1

Legendary Member
Aching today, but worth it! 4.43 for me, or add an extra hour if you add in the stops (I still have no idea how I managed to stop for an hour - did I doze off somewhere?). Will definitely go back and have another go at the Tumble, probably on a day when there aren't 15000 other idiots grinding up it though. Great support on the roads as well.but everyone

Saw a nasty-looking off at the bottom of the Tumble descent - paramedics attending. Hope it wasn't anyone from here, and whoever it was, I hope it wasn't as serious as it looked.

I saw the aftermath of the crash at the base of the Tumble which looked as though it had just happened. As I came around that corner, I saw a frightened looking small cat trying to run across the road in front of me which made the heart rate go up a bit. Just wondering if said cat had anything to do with the bin.

PS anyone know when photos go up? Think I'll be doing some serious gurning up the hills :smile:

sleaver

Veteran
I did wonder if it may have been a little frustrating if you were plodding up a climb and people were stopping or walking in front of you?
From what I saw (and what I did) people were good and stayed to the left if they were slow and everyone walking did the same.

Obviously if you was further out and your legs just went then you had no choice but I didn't other riders complaining.

Jason.T

I seen that guy, he looked in a bad way but He's not long posted on the velothon facebook page, he broke 2 bones in his forearm and is pretty badly bruiesd but he's ok

Broadside

Guru
Sounds like a pretty good day was had by all, well done everyone :okay:
I've seen some pics and it looked pretty awesome to see that many cyclists, although I did wonder if it may have been a little frustrating if you were plodding up a climb and people were stopping or walking in front of you?
My mate did it, but I haven't seen him yet to have a chat, I don't know if you saw him, his name's Mike?

It was possible to pick a route through the walkers but you did have to zigzag all over the place to pick the gaps. That said it was far easier and less congested than on Ride 100 Leith Hill, the Tumble is a full width road rather than a lane so there is a fair bit more space to get through.

Jason.T

I'm glad that's all it was, as he was in a neck brace when I went past and it didn't look pretty.
I seen him in the neck brace and oxygen mask, from what I understand he hit one of the rumble strips on the road at high speed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-15-15-02-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-15-15-02-24.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom