Ventura cp 50 (argos)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blurb

Über Member
How are you finding the bike, any changes yet or are you riding it stock for now?
Only got it this week. Stock other than changing to the Clarks pads, but everything just works so no plans until things start wearing out. I'll see how it goes, and take it from there.
I have a 2012 Tricross Sport also and the CP50 is noticeably quicker. Mind you, I'm not the fastest :-)

Very pleased with it. Bang per buck it's very hard to beat IMO.

sight-pin

Veteran
I'm considering this, does it have rack mounts? And im 5ft 9, would i be better off with the 22 or 23 inch frame?

If your thinking on buying one, i'd get in quick before Argos stick the price back up. lol

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I do like the look but ist to big for me at 22 " = 55 frame i guess , anyone know the top tube measurement ? my boardman has a 53 measured centre to centre ( 54 real according to spec sheet ) and i use a 90 mm stem.

Blurb

Über Member
Just went out and checked my 55 cm frame and, assuming I measured it right, effective top tube is 58 cm centre of the head tube to centre of seat post, so a bit of a stretch too far compared to your current bike. That length seems closer to what I'd expect a "standard" 58 cm frame to be.

cyberknight

Just went out and checked my 55 cm frame and, assuming I measured it right, effective top tube is 58 cm centre of the head tube to centre of seat post, so a bit of a stretch too far compared to your current bike. That length seems closer to what I'd expect a "standard" 58 cm frame to be.
Cheers
as far as i can tell tbh apart from being "carbon " its not an upgrade, my alloy boardman is about 8.5 kg last time i weighed it with the changes i made as i think the OP stated 9.25 kg ( ?) with his upgrades .

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
image.jpg
Cheers
as far as i can tell tbh apart from being "carbon " its not an upgrade, my alloy boardman is about 8.5 kg last time i weighed it with the changes i made as i think the OP stated 9.25 kg ( ?) with his upgrades .
It's around 8.85 kg now including the TT bars but with no bottles or tools.
Just managed to secure my club TT championship on this bike, although you don't have to be the fastest rider to win. It's based on scoring points for improving your time through the season. There is also a winner for the outright fastest on all four of our courses.
I managed a "third" and a few "fifths" on the night out of around 20 - 25 riders, some of which were riding full on TT bikes.
The Ventura in it's current guise is now very competitive!

cyberknight

View attachment 102049
It's around 8.85 kg now including the TT bars but with no bottles or tools.
Just managed to secure my club TT championship on this bike, although you don't have to be the fastest rider to win. It's based on scoring points for improving your time through the season. There is also a winner for the outright fastest on all four of our courses.
I managed a "third" and a few "fifths" on the night out of around 20 - 25 riders, some of which were riding full on TT bikes.
The Ventura in it's current guise is now very competitive!
Yup its nice , as i said they dont do one small enough and it would not really be an upgrade, i have bookmarked the wheelset though if i ever have a spare couple of hundred ( yeh right currently mrs ck needs new glasses, kids want XX, XX XX etc etc )

Crandoggler

I think you're not taking credit for your efforts justinslow. You're obviously improving your fitness dramatically and encouraging your bike to finish where it is! I suppose the proof would be in the pudding, and doing the TT on a 'proper' TT bike would give you a realistic answer as to whether it's the bike, or the engine powering it, which is making you fast.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I think you're not taking credit for your efforts justinslow. You're obviously improving your fitness dramatically and encouraging your bike to finish where it is! I suppose the proof would be in the pudding, and doing the TT on a 'proper' TT bike would give you a realistic answer as to whether it's the bike, or the engine powering it, which is making you fast.
Yeah you are right, you have to pedal it! Yeah obviously I'm really pleased with the way I've improved my riding, but I'm not blowing sunshine up myself! The TT championship is perfect for newbies making big improvements and points but once you reach your peak - points are hard to come by, so next year will be different I guess! I suppose my point is the rider is the important bit not necessarily the bike, although the ventura is as good as any.
I did take a mates TT bike out a couple of weeks ago and did better my time slightly, but it was so aggressive it's not something you can just get on and go fast, it really hurt! I think you have to really get used to a TT bike to go quick. I subsequently went out again on my own bike a few days after riding the TT bike and went quicker again by some margin.

Top Bottom