Very Near Collision...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To be uploaded soon...must say im shocked...it looks bad on camera as well...foreign plates....Not noticed during the incident where I was hanging on for dear life....Stratford today...This morning....:sad:

Im still effing angry about this one....:thumbsup:

Surprised though the foreign plates puts an exact different slant on the incident and it all happened so fast....

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86PV-ooBYOE

It's up.:biggrin:

Glad you are OK hackers!

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Thanks...video will be up very soon....I haven't got over this.Probably because I have worked so many days recently doesn't help.

Thanks I appreciate it guys....I really was bracing myself for a collision but I don't actually know how you do it against a land rover.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Jeez that was very close. Glad you're ok though. I trust you're sending it in although then again foreign plates probably wouldn't do any good.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

martint235 said:
Jeez that was very close. Glad you're ok though. I trust you're sending it in although then again foreign plates probably wouldn't do any good.

:rolleyes:

didn't know at the time just shows what these cams throw up when you look through the films...Interesting stuff...Left hand drive as well obviously?

I had presence of mind for once to switch the cam off almost straight after the incident so save the clip and ironically when I got to work it had cut off and wasn't filming the latter part of the commute...That happened ten minutes in.

It came at me and seemed to get faster...no time for brakes or horn.

Why headlights on I don't know although before hand it did strike me as strangely positioned...I have suspected mobile phone use but cannot actually see any proof of this and didn't see it at the time when I looked back.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Plax said:
I had visions of Bollo and the volvo all over again. What a pillock.

I hope Bollo was ok.:rolleyes:

He put his hand up when I looked back but I must admit im absolutely baffled at this one.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
WTF was he/she/it thinking or doing? Very poor. Can understand why you are still pissed off with that one Hackers.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

ianrauk said:
WTF was he/she/it thinking or doing? Very poor. Can understand why you are still pissed off with that one Hackers.

I think it's nicer to talk about it on here...I think I am getting over it at least I hope so....Cycled back tonight anyway...that was the trip in.

I did lose faith in motorists after that one.We don't pay road tax (sic) so we have to put up with that sort of behaviour.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Plax said:
It was a few years back now, thread on it here;
https://www.cyclechat.net/

Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Thanks yes...it's been awful at work...I have done 14 commutes in 15 days and feeling a bit tyred now..One to go....This is why I prefer 5am commutes don't normally get this crap...the 10am commutes are deadly as so are 7pmor later return commutes.

God that's sickening...almost a replica of mine.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom