Vickster, OTP (of this parish) - down Feb 2014 - The Recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Expert orthopaedic geezer being seen on 3rd June...looks like this thread has some way to run yet

Still gently fuming over the opening offer, sod them!

Sods_Laur

I think it's a deliberate tactic tbh much like if you're buying a house you don't go in with your top amount.

I am sure your solicitor will get you a good deal.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am sure that is the case. I am not looking for a specific amount, but I am personally about 2k out of pocket, before the bike gets properly sorted! Not to mention my gammy leg, which looks even worse than before in cycling shorts!

I expect it's the standard offer, without considering the facts

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes indeed...the last 7 was a bit swifter home from the station in Croydon, but still under 14mph

http://app.strava.com/activities/131504418

50 km in 4 hours... leisurely

Chrisc

Guru
Todays shot, always looks a bit better in the morning. Leg deforested and moisturised too!
Ouch, hope this heals quickly and you get back out there soon. Keep at the jokers with their offensive comp offers.

Overtaking stationary traffic, guy pulled out of a side road to turn right - bang! Grade 3 separated shoulder, 3 weeks off work. It's still nowhere near right, and my physio has banned me from anything strenuous/fun. At some point I'm going to have to cancel my triathlon entries and probably my half marathon entry too (that's in October, however even walking hurts at the moment), but to do so seems too much like admitting defeat.

Another! That AC separation stings a bit eh? Did mine12 years ago and it still hurt right up until I did it again a week back! Hurts more now mind.. ;-)
When you are recuperating and start physio, do your best not to favour it when reaching up into cupboards for e.g. It'll hurt now but it'll be more mobile in future than if you let it have its way. Hope you heal quickly too.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Another! That AC separation stings a bit eh? Did mine12 years ago and it still hurt right up until I did it again a week back! Hurts more now mind.. ;-)
When you are recuperating and start physio, do your best not to favour it when reaching up into cupboards for e.g. It'll hurt now but it'll be more mobile in future than if you let it have its way. Hope you heal quickly too.
Ah - I wonder if that is what I have done to my shoulder ...?

I injured my right shoulder a few years back and that took years to heal, and then I went and did a similar thing to my left. Both were caused by the same stupid action which was to try and reach something behind me without turning round - I forced my hand and arm back over my shoulder and felt something 'go'.

I am ok now carrying things with my arm hanging down, but it is painful to reach up and put any force through the arm, or try and put it through the normal range of motion when it is raised.

Chrisc

Guru
An x-ray will tell you. To separate the acromioclavicular joint usually requires a large blunt force trauma to the point of the shoulder tho, not a strain type of force so more likely a rotator cuff tear. Still, not impossible I'd imagine and extremely painful and incapacitating. Get thee to a physio. :-)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An x-ray will tell you. To separate the acromioclavicular joint usually requires a large blunt force trauma to the point of the shoulder tho, not a strain type of force so more likely a rotator cuff tear. Still, not impossible I'd imagine and extremely painful and incapacitating. Get thee to a physio. :-)
D'oh - you've just reminded me that I have a set of rotator cuff rehab exercises to do from the time I damaged the other shoulder! (My memory is getting worse. Hopefully, it is just a gradual ageing thing not something more serious ...)

PS Which reminds me ... the ebook with details of the rehab exercise program is on my old PC which I am going to scrap. I must transfer all the useful stuff off its hard drive before I do that.

Top Bottom