Video of Bollo-shaped dent in Volvo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbles

Bollo,
Hope you're feeling OK.
Like Tynan says, there's no way you could anticipate that move!

On the good side; brilliant that you've got the idiot bang to rights.....without that he'd be wriggling his way out of any responsibility but not now! I feel chuffed for you that you had a Vid Cam to back you up.
Godspeed with getting that nice Airnimal back on the road soon.
Here's a virtual drink to cheer you up;)

PS. What camera have you got?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Fantastic that you caught this one on your camera. I feel shaken up just from watching it. Hope you're fully OK.

Not cheap those Airnimals, are they? Still, you'll be getting a shiny new one soon. Good job you won't be needing a new camera too!

Arch

Married to Night Train
For some reason this computer won't show me the video, but glad to hear you're alright, it sounds nasty. Will try another computer later.... And I hope the driver gets screwed for every penny you can.

Is it worth you getting in touch with the CTC or the company of solicitors they use? It seems like the driver can hardly change his story now, what with the evidence, but I've heard it can be useful to have a savvy lawyer on hand to deal with bolshy insurance companies.

Tynan

Veteran
I joined CTC a day after my accident, £38 ish for two years or something

the free legal service swung into effect straight away, that and my £10M of third party insurance

Brock

Great bit of footage. Congratulations on not kicking the crap out of him Bollo.

Have you thought about writing to your local paper about this? Might be a good way to warn local drivers that their stupidity may easily be caught on camera, and endangering someones life might not be quite as easy to get away with as previously thought.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm sore enough without having to suffer video frotage! :biggrin:

Luckily I am a member of the CTC so I've had a chat with them about a claim. I was in two minds about making a PI claim, I think because I just felt lucky to hobble away with minor injuries. Anyway, I've set the wheels in motion now, so we'll see where it goes.

I usually wear an Altura Night-Vision jacket in the winter, but the zip had jammed up the previous day. This was the second newish Altura jacket to do this to me, so no more business for them. Because of this I'd thrown on a bog-standard long sleeve top. Also, I've got an L&M Vega on the front and most days I've been turning it on even in daylight, but yesterday was so bright that I didn't bother. Part of me thinks that, if I'd had my jacket and/or lights on then he might have seen me and not turned. Then I look at the vid again (I've brightened my copy to make it a bit clearer) and convince myself he had seen me but misjudged my speed and position.

I think matey's insurance will indeed raise an eyebrow at the cost of a replacement. For anyone who questions the strength of Airnimals, this crash stoved the forks but otherwise there's no obvious damage to the main frame. Even so, I'm not riding anything that's had that sort of bang. My commute doesn't need a folder anymore, so I'll probably go for a regular city bike or light-tourer as a replacement.

As for the volvo driver, he was in his late twenties suprisingly enough.

Top Bottom