vigilante.... right or wrong on jeremy vine show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

So members of the public should never challenge lawbreaking?
That's down to each individual, but hiding in bushes just to be able to do it, seems a bit weird to me.

Smudge

Veteran
Its all very well doing this, until you come across some nutter with a bad attitude that doesn't think about the consequences of their actions. They are out there.
Being in the right is small consolation when you've been stabbed, or your head smashed in with a blunt instrument, or run over.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
That's down to each individual, but hiding in bushes just to be able to do it, seems a bit weird to me.

He personally knows at least one person who has been knocked down at that location by a driver doing this, so I can perfectly understand why he is doing it.

D

Deleted member 26715

He personally knows at least one person who has been knocked down at that location by a driver doing this, so I can perfectly understand why he is doing it.
In which case if I felt so strongly about it I'd be stood before the island with a big sign saying 'Don't even think about doing it, I'm filming you' just as effective & far less confrontational.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Its all very well doing this, until you come across some nutter with a bad attitude that doesn't think about the consequences of their actions. They are out there.
Being in the right is small consolation when you've been stabbed, or your head smashed in with a blunt instrument, or run over.

That driver was mad enough to leave a BM imprint on his bonnet.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
In which case if I felt so strongly about it I'd be stood before the island with a big sign saying 'Don't even think about doing it, I'm filming you' just as effective & far less confrontational.

All very well, but they'd be past the sign and round the corner before they realised anyone was there.

D

Deleted member 26715

All very well, but they'd be past the sign and round the corner before they realised anyone was there.
At which point he sends his film into the appropriate authority

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Does that bike, seemingly randomly painted on the road, signify anything?
Different things to different people.

c4382c04ff93d35b26f622e687219a00.jpg

Last edited:

Johnno260

Veteran
He polices that spot as a child was killed there, it's on a corner as well, so people turning left out that junction are met with someone on the wrong side of the road.

I do worry he will get hurt, but I can see where he comes from, too many people think them selves self entitled to do as they please on the roads.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
He polices that spot as a child was killed there, it's on a corner as well, so people turning left out that junction are met with someone on the wrong side of the road.

I do worry he will get hurt, but I can see where he comes from, too many people think them selves self entitled to do as they please on the roads.
Was the child killed by a driver doing what he's policing, iyswim?

Top Bottom