vigilante.... right or wrong on jeremy vine show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its all very well doing this, until you come across some nutter with a bad attitude that doesn't think about the consequences of their actions. They are out there.
Being in the right is small consolation when you've been stabbed, or your head smashed in with a blunt instrument, or run over.

And what if the driver comes across a nutter crossing that road who has a bad attitude that doesn't think about the consequences of their actions?

It works both ways. You are perpetuating the myth that cyclists seem to be an easy touch.

Johnno260

Veteran
.... but they do and that's what causes accidents.

I was at a T-junction this morning and a moron cut across my lane as she was turning right, almost took the front of my car off, she had the gall to ask me what my issue was.. people don't care, and there isn't the plod around to stop this kind of behavior.

It does cause accidents, my worry is he stops the wrong person and gets hurt, it's not like knife crime is an issue at the moment.

Smudge

Veteran
And what if the driver comes across a nutter crossing that road who has a bad attitude that doesn't think about the consequences of their actions?

It works both ways. You are perpetuating the myth that cyclists seem to be an easy touch.

Yes i am perpetuating that myth, its obvious that was the intention of my post.
Meanwhile, on planet earth.....

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
to be honest I'm not sure. and I'm torn on him stopping people as he isn't a police officer, fact is people shouldn't be doing what they're doing.
Were he preventing this, by being further up the road doing a 'don't you dare' routine, and sending footage of offenders to the authorities, I'd be supportive, but I think that this nudges into the arena of deliberate confrontation and creation of an incident.

AFAIK the offence isn't an endorsable one in the eyes of the law. It's a £130 fine, reduced to £65 for early payment, and enforced by Local Authorities, not the Police (now there's another debate entirely)

Top Bottom