'Virtual Glastonbury'? Anyone missing the real thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Well said @matticus :okay:
I agree the BBC coverage is good, although it is a million times better being there, particularly the wednesday and thursday that the BBC seem to forget and imply it all kicks off on Friday afternoon? So chilled those first two days ^_^

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
To be fair, they compensate by playing recorded sets on the radio for most of July. (I confess I start to bore of that, as very few outdoor live audio recordings work out well and/or capture the spirit of a live performance).
They seem to nail the sound really well compared to some other 'fests. Even weird corners of the Pyramid field when you can't be arsed negotiating the hordes, ie. chilling near the Cider Bus :wacko:

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
I am.
May well have just sat in The Glade partaking of a few ciders given the heat. The iPlayer set list is going down a treat though. Cure and Radiohead on later.
Ticket in the bank for next year, so not all doom and gloom. Cheers all :okay:
Here we are again :blink:
12 months on, iPlayer Glasto going down well with a few cold ones and Arcade Fire doin their thang.
May have been a bit soggy last couple of days, but hey, a small price to pay for some real freedom and live music! Surely 2022?
Have a great evening one and all :okay:

Well, I ain't not never been to that there Glasto. Sometimes I think of of as a regret, but pretty sure I'd not enjoy several days of slumming it and sleep deprivation, even if I was in my twenties. I'll be watching some of the highlights of it from yesteryear, least that way you don't end up caked in mud and slop. Also never been to the lakes, or the highlands, or even to Cornwall. Oh well, maybe some day eh.

I don't give a flying fark about Glastonbury, whether virtual or actual.
As for the BBC, it seems like a Glasto is a bit of a summer holiday weekend for the "talent". But it's in their briefing pack that they must mention mud at every broadcast.....

OP
OP
Grant Fondo
Quick bookend to this two year old thread ... so pleased it's back on after three long years ... if you are there, have a great time! :okay:

Top Bottom