Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
I like em

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, done plenty of miles on mine. Older ones, probably still available but they have changed them in the last year or so

I have the slicks

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good but they seem to cut up easily so make sure you've some Stormsure or similar to fill the nicks every so often.
I'd never heard of 'Stormsure' but it looks similar to the 'Shoe Glu' that I just bought to rebond the soles of my SPD shoes. I hadn't thought of using it like that.

I wouldn't glue a significant cut in a tyre but I have tyres that are pretty good but with nicks slightly larger than I am happy with. I'll try Glu-ing them and see how long the repairs last.

I haven't ridden Vittoria Rubino Pro but I thought my old Rubino slicks were very good value for money.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'd never heard of 'Stormsure' but it looks similar to the 'Shoe Glu' that I just bought to rebond the soles of my SPD shoes. I hadn't thought of using it like that.
I've heard that some use Shoe Glu, but Stormsure seems easier to get in a port town. :thumbsup: The main things are not to try gluing a big cut and not to use something that dries hard else it might just model the original sharp object that made the nick!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've heard that some use Shoe Glu, but Stormsure seems easier to get in a port town. :thumbsup: The main things are not to try gluing a big cut and not to use something that dries hard else it might just model the original sharp object that made the nick!
I found 2 x 55 mL tubes of Shoe Glu on eBay for about £5.50. Fixing my shoes actually only took about 1/3 of one tube. A friend has taken the remainder of that tube to fix her walking boots so I have a tube spare for future shoe and tyre repairs.

vickster

Legendary Member
No notable nicks in mine, at least 1000 miles on bad road surfaces

BrynCP

Über Member
Good but they seem to cut up easily so make sure you've some Stormsure or similar to fill the nicks every so often.

I just bought some of these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-rubino-pro-folding-clincher-tyre/

I've nearly always ridden Vittoria Rubinos, first time with the folding ones though. After only 100 miles the rear has a few cuts in it already, but I did go over two patches of broken car window glass yesterday which I had no time to avoid which may explain that - didn't puncture though! Otherwise I've had good performance in both wet and dry weather with them (in 3 rides on 3 days with the rear I've had bone dry roads to waterlogged roads).

Top Bottom