Voice activated cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My old Samsung smart phone had two features I used a lot; a voice activation on the camera, and a setting that the camera would wait five seconds, then take three pictures with about three seconds between them. This is very handy when making training manuals, for example, as I can be holding or turning something, I can see how it looks on screen, take a picture without letting go of what I'm doing, and then try three slightly different images.

Unfortunately the camera had poor resolution so when it died terminally I bought a Google Pixel 3a. Camera is better but now I've found that neither the voice activation or the 3 image feature works. ( "Hey Google" doesn't work half as well, and doesn't do the three images, and half the time doesn't recognise that I've said anything).

What options exist on the market? I'm happy to get either a camera or a phone to achieve what I need.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My take on phones, tablets, etc. is stick with what you know, so another Samsung phone maybe... if they still have that feature?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Pixel 7a has a voice activated camera for selfies but not sure about the main camera. Should be available with assistant.
Takes great pics

15 yrs ago I was in Tokyo and went into the Sony building in the Akihabara area. On the top floor they had a display with their latest equipment. At the front was a row on cameras and a card underneath saying ‘smile’. As soon as I did smile all the cameras went off taking my photo.

Its a feature still available on some of their range.

15 yrs ago I was in Tokyo and went into the Sony building in the Akihabara area. On the top floor they had a display with their latest equipment. At the front was a row on cameras and a card underneath saying ‘smile’. As soon as I did smile all the cameras went off taking my photo.

Its a feature still available on some of their range.

I've come across that but it only works if I'm looking at the camera; often it isn't even focussed on my face.

icowden

Veteran
My old Samsung smart phone had two features I used a lot; a voice activation on the camera, and a setting that the camera would wait five seconds, then take three pictures with about three seconds between them. This is very handy when making training manuals, for example, as I can be holding or turning something, I can see how it looks on screen, take a picture without letting go of what I'm doing, and then try three slightly different images.
Would burst mode work for you? That's where you hold down the photo button on the phone and it takes rapid images over the period of time that you are holding the button down - you can then select the frame that you want to keep.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I've just acquired a Samsung ultra I think 21 but world need to check ("refurbished", about 30% of new price).

Excellent camera, and activated by saying "Cheese" which is a real boon wearing thick cycling gloves!

Top Bottom