Voluntary redundancy tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I'm laughing at the title, never noticed it, no idea how it happened or to edit it.
Just wondered if people might have ever been allowed it through other means. Like black mail or for example one of our guys got 20 customer complaints so he got put on gardening leave then full redundancy pay off because they wanted him out.

Like black mail or for example one of our guys got 20 customer complaints so he got put on gardening leave then full redundancy pay off because they wanted him out.
To be honest if you were one of my staff I'd get shot of you and it wouldn't be through redundancy, believe me.

U

User33236

Put on gardening leave and then redundancy 'cos they wanted rid?

If you're planning something similar is it really worth £7k and sullying your reputation / future employment prospects due to poor references from a previous employer?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Put on gardening leave and then redundancy 'cos they wanted rid?

If you're planning something similar is it really worth £7k and sullying your reputation / future employment prospects due to poor references from a previous employer?
You're quite right.

Well if you can manage to screw up the project you're working on whilst getting someone else the blame, it might just put the company in enough trouble to have to think about redundancies and then you can volunteer, use the money to get your legs shortened and get a job as an oompa Lumpa with markymark

Well if you can manage to screw up the project you're working on whilst getting someone else the blame, it might just put the company in enough trouble to have to think about redundancies and then you can volunteer, use the money to get your legs shortened and get a job as an oompa Lumpa with markymark
You're just cross that you didn't get the job as one of my oompalumpas for being too short and too weird...

screenman

Legendary Member
I have the 7 year itch and not very happy at work really. It's full of bad politics and bullying etc but I won't go into it all now. I don't want to just find a job and then walk with nothing in my pocket. I'd get over 7k if I had redundancy. It would pay off my loans. Trouble is we're too busy at the moment to even volunteer. Wondering how you could be able to help persuade them?

How about starting your own business, that way you can control things so that you are always happy at work.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Redundancy is a last resort offered when an employers business is suffering financially.
I wish that were true, but in fact many employers offer redundancy simply to offload their UK workers in order to replace them with cheaper workers from abroad, often India. IT depts of big companies have been decimated by this practice in recent years, and the practice is moving into other operations too.

Both statements are true. In a globalised economy what sane employer undertakes work via UK hires when the skills are available more cheaply offshore?

Top Bottom