Volunteer Riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Based in Chorley and work in Knutsford so a large area of the north-west is accessible for me. Realistically could cover anything between Stoke and Lancaster depending on the time of day - with enough notice I can be very flexible on my work pattern. Could also cover more than one section if required in June / July. In April / May could only do one section and would need to be subject to day / time etc.

If needed I'd be able to cover a section between Lancaster and Edinburgh but this would depend on it being in the second half June or in July.

montage

God Almighty
Potentially southwest ..... Be a bit of a travel but could tie in with a few mates. Wouldn't complain at doing the first run.

This is ofc dates dependent.

Ranger

I will do a section between the Forth Road Bridge and Perth as the route will probably come past the end of my road it would be rude not to

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
As Touche already has the Edinburgh section, I could carry it to him, from somewhere south of Penicuik...

then ride with him as far as home...

Downward

Guru
Ooo I live near Kiddiminster so maybe that area. The route though goes up a nasty 60mph road A449 which I wouldn't be keen on riding. A lot of people get killed on that section.

HJ said:
As Touche already has the Edinburgh section, I could carry it to him, from somewhere south of Penicuik...

then ride with him as far as home...

Nothing is bagsied yet HJ, I am sure we can all work together to cover the distance, even if we form an Edinburgh posse peloton to cover it all.

Perhaps we could chat about this at the ride on the 30th with anyone else who may be interested and see if we can get the best fit.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Touche said:
Nothing is bagsied yet HJ, I am sure we can all work together to cover the distance, even if we form an Edinburgh posse peloton to cover it all.

Perhaps we could chat about this at the ride on the 30th with anyone else who may be interested and see if we can get the best fit.

Jeez can't some of you scots come across the border and inspire the English a bit, your putting them to shame...

Wait... no... did I really say that? ;)

U

User482

Bristol area for me, though don't mind if it's a bit further north or south. It's a shame that the route misses out Wales - it's a nice run from Bristol to Monmouth via the old Severn bridge.

Tinytwin

I can do a stretch or 3 somewhere near York if the trip comes this way. I wouldn't mind doing the whole end-to-end again, this time on something other than my tourer. :biggrin:

Tinytwin

Uncle Phil said:
Yes, I'm up for that. The route posted doesn't actually come through Yorkshire, but the Lancs/Cumbria/borders bits are close enough.

OK, thanks for pointing that out. We (Uncle Phil and I) could do the "Lancs/Cumbria/borders" bits.

Top Bottom