Volunteer Riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that's fine, just don't get annoyed when the majority cover their stages between 10-15mph because they're not all 'serious' racers.

i would imagine that it is unlikely that there are enough people conveniently spread out along the route who also want and are able to ride at 30mph. consequently, help will be needed to fill in those gaps with those of us who ride slower.

bonj2

trustysteed said:
that's fine, just don't get annoyed when the majority cover their stages between 10-15mph because they're not all 'serious' racers.

i would imagine that it is unlikely that there are enough people conveniently spread out along the route who also want and are able to ride at 30mph. consequently, help will be needed to fill in those gaps with those of us who ride slower.

well, the better organised it is, the more likely serious cyclists are to travel from further afield to take part if they think there's a chance of them setting a record and becoming famous.

bonj said:
well, the better organised it is, the more likely serious cyclists are to travel from further afield to take part if they think there's a chance of them setting a record and becoming famous.

good point. have we started a whip-round to pay their appearance fees? :rolleyes:

Garz

Squat Member
HJ said:
If you read the original thread you will find that very early on it was about setting a record (and not for the slowest end to end)...

If you read the original thread we have already established that we wont be able to compete. Then if you read some more you will see people started talking about setting the record for active number of relay changeovers or something to that effect!

screenman said:
In reply to Jakes dad, I have just checked with the Lincoln Wheelers organiser. The Lincoln Wheelers took the relay record which was verified by the Guiness Book Of records with a time of 39 hrs 10 min and 39 seconds on the 26th and 27th of June 1995. I believe the RAF took it back somewhere around 1999/2000.

I hope this helps with your plans, I can have a chat with the organiser and ask he he wants to give any advice or guidance to your attempt if you want.

:biggrin:

Bman

Guru
If the route is diverted via Hertfordshire (ideally near Stevenage) I'd be happy to carry the baton (Work/Family permitting) ;)

let's be honest, most of us are recreational cyclists, we don't have a hope in hell of beating records set by serious teams such as the Lincoln Wheelers or the RAF!

We should set our own CC time and then once a year or so, try and beat it!

Garz

Squat Member
Thats why I had to re-post as HJ seemed to get a bee in the bonnet about my post which actually highlighted he didn't take in what people have discussed (and posted thant he linked to) trustysteed.

So from what I last gathered the "setting a record" is both non-original and highly unlikely!

The majority I take it just want fun and would enjoy the activity and the taking part. We can still try for other records like number of people carrying baton, but to try for the fastest time you would have to select a handful of the best riders on here to stand a chance.

I can do anything in the midlands - don't mind where...

515mm

Live in S.Wales - could do anything Bristolly really.

Also, I have a sister in Stone so could do legs there if necessary. Ave speed for one leg would be 20mph if it were flat - a bit less if it ain't!

Top Bottom