"w*********nkkeerrr"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Kaipaith said:
Thomas - good for you for apologising after your sweariness. I know people that wouldn't.

haha...the guy just laughed. I don't really like hearing unnecessary swearing when I'm out like that which was why I apologised. I've got no problem with swearing though, just there is a time and a place.

PBancroft

thomas said:
haha...the guy just laughed. I don't really like hearing unnecessary swearing when I'm out like that which was why I apologised. I've got no problem with swearing though, just there is a time and a place.

Quite right too.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
thomas said:
Woaah Joe!! I actually read that and I am confused! So, you don't like bad driving and you don't like that we always fuss about it and say little of the good?

Yes. Why dont you(as you are one of the main people that post videos) post up videos of good driving?
Magnatom, why dont you post up more videos of good driving?
Yes i hate bad driving, doesnt everyone? But, for every bad driver, there are many more good drivers. So why is it just the bad drivers that get a mention, or get more of a mention?
Are you going to tell me there is little good driving? If you do, your wrong. If that the case, the roads would just be full of idiots driving along, and you would be in fear of going on your bike.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Joe24 said:
Yes. Why dont you(as you are one of the main people that post videos) post up videos of good driving?
Magnatom, why dont you post up more videos of good driving?
Yes i hate bad driving, doesnt everyone? But, for every bad driver, there are many more good drivers. So why is it just the bad drivers that get a mention, or get more of a mention?
Are you going to tell me there is little good driving? If you do, your wrong. If that the case, the roads would just be full of idiots driving along, and you would be in fear of going on your bike.

Because my internet connection wouldn't be able to upload that much data. Good driving should be standard, rather than something that has to be congratulated. I do thank people who are extra patient and sensible, but it's pretty boring footage.
cheadle hulme said:
He wasn't local I guess or would have known those lights stay red for ages!!

Sometimes I get off and just walk to my bike spot...but usually I can't be arsed with all that walking :biggrin:

Joe24

thomas said:
Because my internet connection wouldn't be able to upload that much data. Good driving should be standard, rather than something that has to be congratulated. I do thank people who are extra patient and sensible, but it's pretty boring footage.

Well, lets say a car driver went around filming cyclists cycling badly. They never showed a cyclist cycling well, like many do. All this filming makes cyclists look like complete twats. They never put up the footage of cyclists cycling well because its 'boring footage'
What do you think to this?
Do you also put up videos of cyclists cycling like complete tossers? Im sure you will see that.
Good driving is a standard. But you know when someone in a car give you a nice wide birth when they overtake, or when your filtering and they move over specialy for you. Not everyone will move over in a queue of cars to let a cyclist past.
Would you put up a video of a car moving over to let your through?
Would you put up a video of a car driver moving out to try and block you?

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Joe24 said:
Well, lets say a car driver went around filming cyclists cycling badly. They never showed a cyclist cycling well, like many do. All this filming makes cyclists look like complete twats. They never put up the footage of cyclists cycling well because its 'boring footage'

If someone wants to do that, that's up to them....people already do post videos of stupid cyclists (and don't post the good stuff). Even cyclists post videos of other cyclists. I don't think anyone believes that what happens in my videos is how everyone drivers.

I don't pick on one group, I've posted videos about all sorts of road groups. Most of my clips are probably less than 30 seconds (and most incidents happen in about 10-15 seconds)...I would be uploading about 50 minutes worth of footage per 15 second incident (assuming that I usually have something I could put up most times I go to work).

Do you also put up videos of cyclists cycling like complete tossers? Im sure you will see that.
I'm uploading a Critical mass video now and we, arguably, all acted liked tossers :biggrin:...I would upload a bad cycling video, but on my commute I don't really see that many other cyclists.

errm...well, I possibly wouldn't upload either. Some of my videos are pretty boring & tame, but on the whole I like to upload stuff that wasn't pleasant, rather than every single little flaw or rule flaunting. It depends on the situation really and if it was actually a big deal or just annoying.

When I drove I'd move over to let motorbikes past and I wouldn't expect to be stuck on youtube as "driver of the year" for it. I was always grateful for a thank you wave and when people are nice to me I make sure I do give them a wave.

okkkaaay...and here is a video of some friendly people in a car:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdtwzr5GAVc

and this video presumably has clips of some people moving in a little bit

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMioOGEySB8

Though, very, very few people would move nearer the kerb, even when I saw them. It generally took a bit of staring and maybe even a suggestive point.

annnnd this video has a lot of standard driving on

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRadEpiOoIc

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Joe24 said:
Good driving is a standard. But you know when someone in a car give you a nice wide birth when they overtake, or when your filtering and they move over specialy for you. Not everyone will move over in a queue of cars to let a cyclist past.

Not this old todge of an argument again... :biggrin:

Ask any of the cyclists who film and they all say the same - they're fine with motorists doing the same even if its cyclists. How many times do we have to remind you infact, as we've covered this ground before, or do you have a memory problem? :biggrin:

Or are you afraid that your own riding will come into question after your comments a little while back on the bike messenger videos? :biggrin:

IIRC there is atleast one video by each of the youtube cycle guys already up... doesnt prove anything either way imo.

Joe24

downfader said:
Not this old todge of an argument again... :biggrin:

Ask any of the cyclists who film and they all say the same - they're fine with motorists doing the same even if its cyclists. How many times do we have to remind you infact, as we've covered this ground before, or do you have a memory problem? :biggrin:

Or are you afraid that your own riding will come into question after your comments a little while back on the bike messenger videos? :biggrin:

IIRC there is atleast one video by each of the youtube cycle guys already up... doesnt prove anything either way imo.

What:wacko:
Does people just moaning about car drivers not get boring? Its the same crap over and over again, its not good stuff. When i first started i posted about it, but after a while it just gets boring.
Moan moan moan, a car driver was nasty to me, look at the video to see it, moan moan moan.
Most camera users are just as bad.
So what a car cut you up, or you got some abuse, report it to the police if its that bad, dont post about it. Have a fiddle if you really are stressed by it.
My riding can be questioned if you want to. Send me a camera and ill film myself riding around. You can question it all you like, it wont stop me riding like it. I know my own faults when riding aswell.

Film of good driving would be very dull. Film of bad driving can also be very dull, but usually folk need to let off steam after a near miss, or there's an amusing aspect to it (as in the OP). If it bothers you, Joe, why not get yourself a camera and post lots of good driving on YouTube? See how many people watch it.:biggrin:

Joe24

Rhythm Thief said:
Film of good driving would be very dull. Film of bad driving can also be very dull, but usually folk need to let off steam after a near miss, or there's an amusing aspect to it (as in the OP). If it bothers you, Joe, why not get yourself a camera and post lots of good driving on YouTube? See how many people watch it.:biggrin:

There would probably be about the same as bad driving.
Most of the titles people wouldnt search for, and are just the number plate of the car, or some other crappy thing.
Its just theres some numpty who sits there, posts them on a car forum and people jump on and moan.

purplepolly

Joe24 said:
What:wacko:
So what a car cut you up, or you got some abuse, report it to the police if its that bad, dont post about it. Have a fiddle if you really are stressed by it..

Some people prefer to talk about it and if someone else is bored by it all they can always read another thread instead, or start their own on good drivers.

Joe24

purplepolly said:
Some people prefer to talk about it and if someone else is bored by it all they can always read another thread instead, or start their own on good drivers.

Thats ok then, im going to start up a post about everything that annoys me.
Thats a useless thing to say anyway, ive said many times that if people dont like a thread they shouldnt read it, but they still do, and still comment. I got told that i have no right with telling people that.
I dont really get the point in all this posting of something thats happened with a car driver.
Someone makes a mistake, they get posted on youtube.

purplepolly

Joe24 said:
I dont really get the point in all this posting of something thats happened with a car driver.
Someone makes a mistake, they get posted on youtube.

People do make mistakes and are often apologetic about it, but it's hard to see how someone could accidentently open the window and shout "w*********nkkeerrr" at exactly the same time as they're passing a cyclist after blowing the horn. Unless they've got travel sickness and tourettes and nervous twitch.

Joe24

purplepolly said:
People do make mistakes and are often apologetic about it, but it's hard to see how someone could accidentently open the window and shout "w*********nkkeerrr" at exactly the same time as they're passing a cyclist after blowing the horn. Unless they've got travel sickness and tourettes and nervous twitch.

Ive had it shouted at me many times, i didnt feel the need to post about it and complain. I just laughed about it

Top Bottom