"w*********nkkeerrr"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
User3143 said:
As ever you are missing the point! I mean as a cyclist and what cyclists do. We ride bikes we don't post endless vids of close overtakes and other occurences that happen all day and everyday.

Thats 'cos I dont have a camera. :blush:

Bman

Guru
I dont know why this is getting so personal :blush:

bryce said:
Not really that surprised you got beeped as you were in the middle of the road. He actually waited a while until he beeped. Maybe I missed something but why are you taking the guy's numberplate because he beeped you? Did he hit you or abuse you before this?

Watch the vid, read the rest of the thread. Was that beep the sound of a driver warning another road user of his presence, or was is a hail of abuse projected at the cyclist riding safely in front?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Nothing wrong with being more central in the lane there, and I dont think he seemed that far over. I mean how was the road surface? I sometimes have to take this position when some of the local roads are screwed up with potholes and glass.

Its hardly an emergency, wait for a safe gap and go past. Whats the damn rush? There aint one so the driver should MTFU, not Thomas.

And Lee, you're acting like a pillock again. Sometimes I think you come across pretty cool and I like your directness, but here your recent posts have been appalling and deliberately offensive. You should just take your own advice and take a step back, ignore the videos if you dont like them. Same to you Joe24.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Bongman said:
I dont know why this is getting so personal :blush:

Watch the vid, read the rest of the thread. Was that beep the sound of a driver warning another road user of his presence, or was is a hail of abuse projected at the cyclist riding safely in front?

Well put!

ferret fur

Its funny how the people who are anti helmet cameras also always find something wrong with the cyclists performance. Maybe the guy on the bike is 3mm too far to the left/right: Not pedalling at the correct cadence: Failing to stop as the light turns to amber 0.75 seconds before the cyclist crosses the stop line etc etc. I never see them admitting the cyclist is right which is odd because you'd think that just once the guy posting the video has a point

One-eyed or just trolls. You decide.

bryce

Bongman said:
I dont know why this is getting so personal :whistle:

Not meant to be personal at all - not having a go at the OP. Just wondering why he was cycling in the middle of the LANE and why he took so much offence at someone beeping at him because of it. Was the initial beep a 'hail of abuse'? Or just a WVM getting frustrated at a cyclist in the middle of the LANE?

ferret fur

Well. He could take offence because he wasn't doing anything wrong and even if he was in the middle of the lane the WVM is indulging in the illegal use of his van's horn.

I'd add I'm personally not a big fan of the primary position unless it is really necessary. But whatever, it doesn't excuse the van's occupants behaviour.

Bman

Guru
Sorry that may not have been entirely clear. I was refering to previous posts getting personal. Not your quote.

Anything below your quote was directed at you. We are not just talking about the horn, but also the verbal abuse that wasnt caught by the camera.

just jim

"Instead of bibles and god, do you have a sign up about cycle craft, strum a bicycle wheel and sign about prmary and secondary position, and have a huge box of cycle craft books?"

ha.haa...haha.

what a crease.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ferret fur said:
Well. He could take offence because he wasn't doing anything wrong and even if he was in the middle of the lane the WVM is indulging in the illegal use of his van's horn.

I'd add I'm personally not a big fan of the primary position unless it is really necessary. But whatever, it doesn't excuse the van's occupants behaviour.

You never honked at a friend then, or to someone walking?
Or, put your hazords lights on when your not actually a hazord?
This is when your in a car by the way, im not talking about honking your horn on your bike and putting both hands out then back, then out.
And, talking of honking, Thomas has honked someone for no reason before. Im sure he posted a video of it.

Bman

Guru
Joe24 said:
Alright then, hes riding in the middle of the lane. Doesnt make it any better does it:rolleyes: Might as well of been riding in the middle of the road, would have just been as much point of doing that as there is riding where he was.
[rant snipped]
Bongman said:
[snip]
I probably would have ridden in primary in that situation too. Preventing any unsave overtaking. As Thomas said, there would have been no point in overtaking anyway, whats the point in risking it?

Where would you drive a car in that situation?
How would that (besides the obvious) be different?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
What are you going on about? Thomas blocked the road to stop overtaking, because he didnt want anyone infront of him at those traffic lights. Thats just as bad as someone quickly overtaking to get infront.
Too worried about being a car/vans length behind what he would be, to ride consideratly.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
If the driver was soooo bothered about my presence on the road he could have quite easily have overtaken - my position did not stop him. I was where I was because of the lane is quite narrow and the surface isn't great - assuming people don't overtake where the cars start to build up at the lights, or when there are on coming cars it wouldn't be dangerous.

Joe, if I was so bothered about people being in front of me at the lights, how come I didn't.

A) Jump to the front of the first que
and
:biggrin: Jump to the front of the second que (or get off my bike and walk to work which is quicker!)

He was on the horn because I was a cyclist. He had a massive grin on his face as if he was all big and clever

The reason I read the numberplate out is because after that, and them getting to the lights and getting mouthed off it wouldn't be an insensible idea.

As some of you are so faultless, you can come with me tomorrow morning on my commute, or Friday. I'll be leaving Woking about 8 oclock (maybe a little past). I'll be arriving in Leatherhead about 9. PM me if you want to!

And, talking of honking, Thomas has honked someone for no reason before. Im sure he posted a video of it.

What video?

Top Bottom