"w*********nkkeerrr"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User3143 said:
Class Mag, absolute class. I notice you don't post any more vids - I wonder why?

Thomas at what point was the van behind you leading upto the lights?

Don't you think you could have moved over when going up the hill?

Edit: Forgive me, I have no speakers but I presume from you turning your head at 0.26 seconds, this was when the horn was used?

If this is the case then don't you think the driver has a point? Why ride in primary going up a hill. The road is easily wide enough for you to remain in secondary.

In summary your riding is almost as bad as Mags, God forbid if it ever is but it is tettering on a steady downward slope.

This is the point that I do believe Joe was trying to make. Quit with the stupid vids (you'll end up like Mag and you don't want that do you?) and enjoy bike riding for it is.

Class Lee, absolute class. You're missing your weekly fix of Magnatom bashing (please post a video mags, please....)so you thought you would throw general insults in my direction. Now that is class.

As for ending up like mags... just ask anyone who was on the ride at the weekend how balanced, chilled and funky a guy I am. Go on, ask them, I'm sure someone would stick up for me....guys, GUYS? Go on, one of you must want this tenner burning a hole in my pocket!:ohmy:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Bongman said:
Exactly, not worth the effort really.

I probably would have ridden in primary in that situation too. Preventing any unsave overtaking. As Thomas said, there would have been no point in overtaking anyway, whats the point in risking it?

Thankkk you! The lane is quite narrow anyway.

And Lee, not really sure what your problem is, don't like it, don't watch it. Simple.

User3143 said:
As ever you are missing the point! I mean as a cyclist and what cyclists do. We ride bikes we don't post endless vids of close overtakes and other occurences that happen all day and everyday.

So I shouldn't take

your riding is almost as bad as Mags

or

you'll end up like Mag and you don't want that do you?

as personal insults?

You really don't have the slightest clue who I am do you? You have absolutely no idea about how much I enjoy my cycling or what my personality is offline. You seem to think I am some neurotic car/driver hater, who cycles around throwing my bike in front of cars in the hope of creating a bit of drama. In all seriousness, why don't you pop along to the informal rides section and have a read about our latest ride. Feel free to ask any of the others who were there what I am like, and how much I enjoy my cycling. Feel free to ask about the incident where (and these are not my words) a car passed within a hands width of hitting me at high speed when overtaking. Ask, how did I react, was I neurotic? Did I rant about ot etc? Go on ask.

Crankarm

Guru
Welcome back Magna. You've been quiet for a while. Were you just busy getting on with life or taking a well earned break? For a few moments I feared the worst thankfully you're wheels and camera are still turning.

If User3143 doesn't like your footage then he needn't watch it. I suspect he doesn't realise that his attempts to malign you are really flattery and approval of your work. He is a secret admirer ;).

Crankarm said:
Welcome back Magna. You've been quiet for a while. Were you just busy getting on with life or taking a well earned break? For a few moments I feared the worst thankfully you're wheels and camera are still turning.

If User3143 doesn't like your footage then he needn't watch it. I suspect he doesn't realise that his attempts to malign you are really flattery and approval of your work. He is a secret admirer B).

I've been around, I've just been spending more time in road rides and informal rides. I'm thoroughly enjoying the new bike and getting myself prepared for the Trossachs Ton. On top of that, my commutes have been very quite and pretty much incident free, so nothing to report, which is a good thing! :smile:

Lee just doesn't 'get' what I do and why I do it. That is fair enough. However, there is no need to resort to suggestions of neurotisism and to throw general insults in my direction. Obviously he hasn't read any of Dale Carnagie's work. :smile:;)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
I'll be going to the tour series in Woking tonight...from some of the logic here it seems cycling can't be captured on film and enjoyed so can I take some photos and videos on my camcorder of it at all? B)

thomas said:
I'll be going to the tour series in Woking tonight...from some of the logic here it seems cycling can't be captured on film and enjoyed so can I take some photos and videos on my camcorder of it at all? B)

That's the thing that some folk just don't get. I put my camera on, and then forget about it, until I get to work, when I switch it off.

The VAST majority of the time that is the total sum of my thoughts about the camera. When an incident does occur, which would annoy me, camera or no camera, the fact that I have the camera helps to placate my anger, as I know I have the idiocy on record and can share my temporary frustration with others later. The moment passes, I get on with the fun of the commute.

How a camera takes away from the 'purity' of cycling, I've no idea. Anyway, what is this 'purity'? If iit is the escapism, i.e. the fact that when cycling, all you think of is...'cycling' then I certainly get that. If it is a spiritual experience, then no. I obviously have a lot to learn....

bryce

Not really that surprised you got beeped as you were in the middle of the LANE. He actually waited a while until he beeped. Maybe I missed something but why are you taking the guy's numberplate because he beeped you? Did he hit you or abuse you before this?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bryce said:
Not really that surprised you got beeped as you were in the middle of the road. He actually waited a while until he beeped. Maybe I missed something but why are you taking the guy's numberplate because he beeped you? Did he hit you or abuse you before this?

No, he did this to make himself sound good and be important.
I cant see why your in the middle of the road, why not be further over so he can get past? Even if there is a red light, the queue isnt huge so you will still be able to get through.
So he beeped at you. HTFU.

Guys,

If your going to complain about someones riding, you have to get your facts right.

He is ridding in the middle of the 'lane' not 'road'. Big difference.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
magnatom said:
Guys,

If your going to complain about someones riding, you have to get your facts right.

He is ridding in the middle of the 'lane' not 'road'. Big difference.

Alright then, hes riding in the middle of the lane. Doesnt make it any better does it:rolleyes: Might as well of been riding in the middle of the road, would have just been as much point of doing that as there is riding where he was.
Anyway, shouldnt you be reading cycle craft and studying it for your way home?
Are you like the preicher guy that comes by my work? He sits in the square with a big sign up about god, and strums his guitar randomly while singing about god, with a huge box of bibles.
Instead of bibles and god, do you have a sign up about cycle craft, strum a bicycle wheel and sign about prmary and secondary position, and have a huge box of cycle craft books?

Joe24 said:
Alright then, hes riding in the middle of the lane. Doesnt make it any better does it:rolleyes: Might as well of been riding in the middle of the road, would have just been as much point of doing that as there is riding where he was.
Anyway, shouldnt you be reading cycle craft and studying it for your way home?
Are you like the preicher guy that comes by my work? He sits in the square with a big sign up about god, and strums his guitar randomly while singing about god, with a huge box of bibles.
Instead of bibles and god, do you have a sign up about cycle craft, strum a bicycle wheel and sign about prmary and secondary position, and have a huge box of cycle craft books?

Aye that's me, that is. :blush:

Top Bottom