"w*********nkkeerrr"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Joe24 said:
Thats ok then, im going to start up a post about everything that annoys me.
Thats a useless thing to say anyway, ive said many times that if people dont like a thread they shouldnt read it, but they still do, and still comment. I got told that i have no right with telling people that.
I dont really get the point in all this posting of something thats happened with a car driver.
Someone makes a mistake, they get posted on youtube.

You're quite entitled to your opinion... however the way you go about making your opinion known sometimes comes across as a tantrum.

May I remind you that drivers post all kinds videos to youtube on "bad women drivers" which some may find is worse than simply raising awareness or venting off steam about an encounter that could lead to danger. Perhaps your efforts would be better suited to fighting what is actually wrong rather than moaning at those who do already campaign.:biggrin:

Ive had it shouted at me many times, i didnt feel the need to post about it and complain. I just laughed about it

Thats fine if you can act that way. Many consider this threatening behaviour. Which it is, and there is no reason to be tolerant of it in much the same way as some might be tolerant of racist abuse.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
downfader said:
You're quite entitled to your opinion... however the way you go about making your opinion known sometimes comes across as a tantrum.

May I remind you that drivers post all kinds videos to youtube on "bad women drivers" which some may find is worse than simply raising awareness or venting off steam about an encounter that could lead to danger. Perhaps your efforts would be better suited to fighting what is actually wrong rather than moaning at those who do already campaign.:biggrin:

They dont campaign, they just moan alot and get into the papers;)
Did anyone ever see the bit on TV about bad drivers, and people who record the drivers to post up. They even had a website for number plates to be posted.
Did anyone see that, see the guy that was on tv and think(was a while ago), "why doesnt he just get a life and drive"

troll-web.jpg

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Joe24 said:
They dont campaign, they just moan alot and get into the papers;)
Did anyone ever see the bit on TV about bad drivers, and people who record the drivers to post up. They even had a website for number plates to be posted.
Did anyone see that, see the guy that was on tv and think(was a while ago), "why doesnt he just get a life and drive"

Campaigning is raising awareness with any tool you feel is adequate. I dont see why the internet should be excluded from that. After all youtube already has many of the Think videos up, not to mention the various charity websites like Brake who have their own webpages.

The website you're thinking of is Better Driving Please. A few of the posts on there have been used to monitor bad drivers, users contacted and helped the police/courts or simply to warn local residents.

You seem to forget that these websites and videos only came about as a result of the lack of proper punitive measures being imposed and the level of bad driving increasing. Without the bad driving there would be no video, just as without a rapist no rape and speed no speed camera fine. Frankly I think you're questioning the attitude of the wrong party.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Joe24 said:
Ive had it shouted at me many times, i didnt feel the need to post about it and complain. I just laughed about it

Read the description on youtube. It did make me laugh.

Had some silly women left hook me tonight (first time ever actually), she started looking confused when she got honked :tongue: - no idea who did it. Bloody annoying as I'd of carried a nice bit of speed after the little slope down hill :ohmy:

Bman

Guru
Joe24

Complaining is human nature. We don’t complain about everything that annoys us. If I did that I would start at least 10 threads a day. :smile:

We complain to let off steam, to voice our opinions and concerns. To highlight to others the effect it has on us. Maybe even to somehow change even one person’s habits, to prevent it happening to others.

This situation is no different to other situations where other people have argued your exact point. IME, the Steam forum, the NTL/VM forums/NG's and the Nvidia forums. People complain there. To try and get their problems sorted or find a way to avoid it. The people defending the complaints argue that people only visit the forums to complain. The happy/content customers/users don’t ever visit.

They argue that you cannot judge the scale of a problem, by the amount of posts, views, complaints or incidents.

Back on driving etiquette: I feel there are not just "good" or "bad" drivers there are also "normal" drivers. Good drivers are those that know (and follow) the rules and best practice of the road. Safe driving, politeness etc. Normal drivers; the majority of road users. And then there are the bad ones.

I could fulfill your request of uploading a video of "good" driving but it would take years just to get enough footage to compile a 30 second montage/clip compilation. Feel free to send me one too. :laugh:

IME if you stand by the average road, and observe 100 drivers' behavior, 4-6 will be good or bad. The rest I would describe as all "normal".

The difference is, the few that exhibit the bad behavior endanger everyone else’s lives. Even those not using the road. And quite rightly, we all get a bit worked up about it. :smile:

Thomas/Downfader:

I had a little go at trying to extract/re-master some of their swearing from that video. I couldnt do it. The mic is picking up wind, Thomas' head movements and background noise. Covering most of what we wanted to hear. I doubt I would even get anything more from the un-compressed video. :smile:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Bongman said:
Thomas/Downfader:

I had a little go at trying to extract/re-master some of their swearing from that video. I couldnt do it. The mic is picking up wind, Thomas' head movements and background noise. Covering most of what we wanted to hear. I doubt I would even get anything more from the un-compressed video. :smile:

If you want I'll upload it onto one of my websites and you can try with, more or less raw footage - it's about 200 meg though :laugh:.

I honestly don't care and can't remember what he said, other than I was encouraging him to get out and fight if he was so bothered...to be honest, I don't think I was listening to him.

I would much rather get vocal abuse than any of the close passes (etc) I've had.

I've only just stumbled into the thread. Interesting. Therefore I feel I need ro take part in the conversation at the same level as Joe24....

:sun::biggrin::santa::rain::sun:;):biggrin::hyper::ohmy::wacko::idea::wacko::wacko::tongue:

Smashin'

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Bongman, as you say it would be hard to do (esp with the ATC). From what I would do it would have involved mapping out sections of audio to control the separate elements such as the wind noise (so creating a separate audio file and applying a low cut filter, possibly noise reduction tool) distortion (can involve actually drawing on the waveform - but this takes ages and usually is used for forensic stuff, LOL), compressing the audio (again creating another set of audio files, multiband compression, limiter as it adjusts the difference in levels between Thomas and the passenger). All that then needs to be mixed back together into a cohesive whole

Too much effort imo. ;) Oneday someone will make a VST audio pluggin that does all this for you. :becool:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
If this is the case then don't you think the driver has a point? Why ride in primary going up a hill. The road is easily wide enough for you to remain in secondary.

There is room to overtake if you want to...there is also, always, a red light at the other end so no point in it.

The van drivers were honking for the sake of it, not because of where I was on the road. The driver had a massive grin on his face and was laughing at the moron passenger.

Bman

Guru
downfader said:
Bongman, as you say it would be hard to do (esp with the ATC). From what I would do it would have involved mapping out sections of audio to control the separate elements such as the wind noise (so creating a separate audio file and applying a low cut filter, possibly noise reduction tool) distortion (can involve actually drawing on the waveform - but this takes ages and usually is used for forensic stuff, LOL), compressing the audio (again creating another set of audio files, multiband compression, limiter as it adjusts the difference in levels between Thomas and the passenger). All that then needs to be mixed back together into a cohesive whole

Too much effort imo. :ohmy: Oneday someone will make a VST audio pluggin that does all this for you. :biggrin:

Exactly, not worth the effort really.

I probably would have ridden in primary in that situation too. Preventing any unsave overtaking. As Thomas said, there would have been no point in overtaking anyway, whats the point in risking it?

User3143 said:
Class Mag, absolute class. I notice you don't post any more vids - I wonder why?

Oh come on Lee, time for a humour transplant. :ohmy:

As for not posting videos, I am still 100% active. It just so happens that the last month or so have been very enjoyable on the road with virtually nothing happening worth posting. These lulls happen, and they are very, very welcome when they do. Long may it continue, although I am sorry if it disappoints you Lee...

Top Bottom