W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I must admit the block has spoilt my fun of using Strava a bit, I did like to compare my own efforts & then look at the speed others have done it, probably twice as fast as me, but it's not worth £50 a year to me.

Landsurfer

Veteran
I've used Strava for a couple of years now, the WIMPS have a training club on there and we use it to keep in touch .. along with a few other platforms .....
Garmin Connect is my primary data store, and to be honest with "Your Ride To-day" on here i have all the coverage i actually want .
I understand the Strava decision to generate income, and wish them all the best with their business model ....
I'll use CycleChat / Garmin for all my data and image logging in future ....^_^

Mike_P

Guru
Always interested to see how I did on the day of the ride compared to others; its a pity it then changes to the day after and so on rather than being fixed on the date of the ride. IMO Stravas segment data is worth paying for when route planning to see if there are any grades just too steep on a proposed route.

MahatmaAndhi

I accidentally had a KOM for about a year because I drove down the street and Strava was still connected. I didn't even know what one was at the time.
Poor fella who I robbed must have been gutted to see me hit an average speed of 30mph.
I deleted it as soon as I noticed.

D

Deleted member 26715

Doesn't everyone know that if someone has posted a faster segment than you, then they've cheated?
True
Best to only compete against yourself as you know when you have been cheating.
Even then some would still not admit it

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I only use it to share my rides and see where other mates have been riding. The segments is only of passing interest and only in terms of how I’ve been doing. I suspect this passing interest will disappear now they are nobbling even personal comparisons.

Top Bottom