Wahoo ELMNT - Changes from MPH to KPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Im not ttally sure what you are saying here. But this is my ride from this morning.

Strava is showing my average moving time

Screenshot_20190422-121559.jpg

My Wahoo is showing my overall speed. Before I stopped for coffee my Wahoo was showing about 20kph average. After I came out from coffee it was showing about 14kph.

You can see the difference on the Wahoo screen.

Screenshot_20190422-121559.jpg
IMG_20190422_121729.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Average just under 10mph, not bad.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Im not ttally sure what you are saying here. But this is my ride from this morning.
What I'm saying is that you won't get one of the mainstream websites (Strava, RWGPS etc) to display your overall (inc stops) speed. Which is a shame because that's particularly useful when planning new rides.

That's entirely independent of the device you used to record the ride (Garmin, Wahoo, MemoryMap, Android, IPhone etc).

Various devices have different speed displays. For example, mine shows both the overall speed (15.7 in your example above) and estimated moving average (20.5 in your example above)

It would be nice if the websites could provide this basic useful data but they don't. Instead they concentrate on guesswork around power, calories etc, which I think is a shame.

Here's my display btw
upload_2019-4-22_12-55-9.png

For those of you with Wahoo's, what do you upload your rides too, what does it sync with? The recent demise of Sporttracks 3 means I've moved over totally to Connect but then I only have two Garmin's. It kind of locks me into the products but of course I can manually upload any file of the right format.

vickster

Legendary Member
For those of you with Wahoo's, what do you upload your rides too, what does it sync with? The recent demise of Sporttracks 3 means I've moved over totally to Connect but then I only have two Garmin's. It kind of locks me into the products but of course I can manually upload any file of the right format.
Strava which syncs to Fitbit And Apple Health

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Just reading around and it seems it will sync with Connect through the Wahoo app.
I dont see connect in the list but wahoo will sync to most of the online services, if that’s what you mean. It will sync with dropbox as well which sounds interesting as a permanent way of keeping your own copies.
3FBCA125-CC30-4C74-A64C-6FD1483ACC13.png

I dont see connect in the list but wahoo will sync to most of the online services, if that’s what you mean. It will sync with dropbox as well which sounds interesting as a permanent way of keeping your own copies.
View attachment 463609
Ah yes, just found some more updated information

"Garmin has now ceased supporting the API Wahoo uses to offer direct uploads of the workout data from our App to Garmin Connect."

I suppose it's a direct competitor, so makes sense.

It's a slight diversion but what made me think about all this was trying to work out the way to keep 10 years of historical data or whether it actually mattered. I suspect for most of us, it does, to a greater or lesser degree. A lot of these websites are transient or subject to changes which affect what we store there or how we store it. It's the prospect of no longer being able to access your own data or being able too but only at a cost, which focuses the mind.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Ah yes, just found some more updated information

"Garmin has now ceased supporting the API Wahoo uses to offer direct uploads of the workout data from our App to Garmin Connect."

I suppose it's a direct competitor, so makes sense.

It's a slight diversion but what made me think about all this was trying to work out the way to keep 10 years of historical data or whether it actually mattered. I suspect for most of us, it does, to a greater or lesser degree. A lot of these websites are transient or subject to changes which affect what we store there or how we store it. It's the prospect of no longer being able to access your own data or being able too but only at a cost, which focuses the mind.
Well, I'm going to add Dropbox to the list. It sounds like a way to keep a local record of all your rides.

It sounds more reliable than bulk downloads as it will be up to date. A bulk download replies on you doing it regularly or having warning that the service may be going down. If they remove the facility to bulk download you are similarly screwed.

Milzy

Guru
The fact is that Wahoo devices are better than Garmin. By looks & function. If you’re running a Garmin your wife is probably having an affair with a younger man who is a wahooligan.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I really don't understand this tribalism on GPS brands. I've been using consumer GPS devices for nearly 20 years. The novelty of the magic that they do has worn off. They're a commodity. I've not used a Wahoo, and I'm not likely to for a while as I have all the devices I need right now. As far as I'm aware all that Wahoo does is display maps and stats and record rides and stuff which is pretty mundane actually. I'm sure they do it very well indeed but really what they do isn't very new or exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom