Wahoo Silent Kickr/Kickr Core Faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey 16 pages...

My Tacx T2240 (basic Smart Trainer around £200) has been faultless in 3 years (other than the power cable falls out if it's in a certain way).

JhnBssll

Veteran
Blimey 16 pages...

My Tacx T2240 (basic Smart Trainer around £200) has been faultless in 3 years (other than the power cable falls out if it's in a certain way).

My Vortex is still fine after 18 months use, upgrade to the kickr core for improved accuracy and to elimate wheel slip. Mine appears to be developing a slight rumble but I haven't contacted support yet. Probably will later today. It's still totally usable for the time being but it seems from the posts in here that it's only going to get worse so I may as well get on the list for a replacement. Always got the Vortex to fall back on though :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My bkool lasted 3 1/2 years befor the drive screw failed. Everything else still works. Wahoo had a good rep for longevity untill the new silent series. Tacx had issues with the Neo when it launched iirc.

Shiv happens. What companies do after that is most important for reputation. Hey be grateful it's not an Apple product we'd get told we was riding it wrong and the moisture stickers show liquid damage and the warranty doesn't cover it :whistle:

theboxers

OK it out of the box and setup the same as before :bicycle:. Got to go out again now so I'll test it later today or early tomorrow :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I contacted Wahoo on Friday with my serial number and they got back to me today asking for receipt and postal address so they can send a replacement. I've responded asking them to confirm if they've fixed the problem before they send me a potentially faulty new unit, now awaiting a response. I don't really want to get drawn in to the multiple replacements muddle that a few of you peeps have found yourselves in but will wait and see what they say :laugh: Whats the deal on the money off voucher anyway? I would like to try and claim that as I'm planning on buying a climb in the near future :laugh:

Velochris

Über Member
I contacted Wahoo on Friday with my serial number and they got back to me today asking for receipt and postal address so they can send a replacement. I've responded asking them to confirm if they've fixed the problem before they send me a potentially faulty new unit, now awaiting a response. I don't really want to get drawn in to the multiple replacements muddle that a few of you peeps have found yourselves in but will wait and see what they say :laugh: Whats the deal on the money off voucher anyway? I would like to try and claim that as I'm planning on buying a climb in the near future :laugh:

The voucher is normally only offered if you repair your faulty machine yourself.

I asked for a replacement and ask for assurances it was brand new and had the new hardware changes. They insisted it would be but when it turned up I noticed some of the cover screws were completely rounded. I didn't have any confidence so returned it.

theboxers

Ok first proper ride/workout done. An hour with no issues. I'll continue on this for the rest of the week and see what happens.

Now I need to get in touch with Wahoo to return the original.

Top Bottom