Walking boots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes try some on, expensive isn't necessarily comfortable. And comfort / good fit is more important than any other factor.

I'm still using a pair of £35 Hitecs bought ~25 years ago

Same here! I just can't seem to kill them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got a decent set of Karrimore waterproof walking boots from Wyndors shoes recently. I need them walking round Prague in January, then appearenly a 'walking weekend' in N.Wales in Feb - I don't do walking as God invented the 'wheel'. I need walking trousers too.

Mrs M

Guru
My Saloman boots are as slippery as an eel on a slippery slope.

My North Face are great :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Decathlon do great walking boots if there is one nearby.

potsy

Rambler
I recently bought a pair of Merrell ones, very comfortable.

They have the 'Arctic grip' sole by Vibram which are supposed to be great on ice, not had chance to test that out but are great as my every day dog walking boots so far :okay:

Only slightly above budget too.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Brashers are extremely good. Mrs FF had a pair for donkeys years until they dissolved. Bought a cheap pair of boots to replace and after walking the Thames Path regretted that decision and will now buy another pair of Brashers.

i have a well worn pair of Scarpa leather boots that are brill on mountains and very rough terrain but frankly overkill on lowland terrain, so....
My goto lowland hiking/walking footwear now is these!

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/157364...VibHtCh3FgAx4EAQYASABEgLSCfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

....yes sandals. They’re brill! Last week was bog trotting on Dartmoor and paddling in the sea in Dawlish. Surprisingly warm neoprene, no cold feet, no hassle with socks and boots. Very comfortable and amazingly warm!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Brashers are extremely good. Mrs FF had a pair for donkeys years until they dissolved. Bought a cheap pair of boots to replace and after walking the Thames Path regretted that decision and will now buy another pair of Brashers.

i have a well worn pair of Scarpa leather boots that are brill on mountains and very rough terrain but frankly overkill on lowland terrain, so....
My goto lowland hiking/walking footwear now is these!

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/157364...VibHtCh3FgAx4EAQYASABEgLSCfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

....yes sandals. They’re brill! Last week was bog trotting on Dartmoor and paddling in the sea in Dawlish. Surprisingly warm neoprene, no cold feet, no hassle with socks and boots. Very comfortable and amazingly warm!
I have those but have never considered them for winter use! I may try it.

They are brilliantly comfortable.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I've not long bought a pair of Meindl.......just shoes rather than boots though. They get the name of having a broader forefoot which I need. Haven't used them long enough to really give them much of a review so far but others seem to love them.

Top Bottom