Walking shoe recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's getting too wet and grimy out there now to be wearing training shoes to go for a walk in,so i'm thinking of buying some walking shoes. I'd like some traditional leather ones,as i do like to shine my shoes up to a nice buffed finish. I realise that such shoes have been replaced over the years by man made material shoes,Gore-Tex being one of the most popular. I know it may sound daft to some but i don't want to be paying a lot for a shoe if it's a drab looking thing. Have any of you any recommendations for a good pair of walking shoes,possibly leather ones? I know some will say that the more you pay the better the shoe will be,but i've not always found that to be the case. I've spent over £100 on sporty type shoes before,only for the shoes to last but the soles wore down quickly. Should i buy some for around the £30-40 mark and get a couple of years out of them,or pay around £100 and expect a decade of wear,even though they might not last half that time?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Something like this?....http://www.hotter.com/gb/en/ramble-...zoB-w7MsoqMcpuzol5Yzl2kg39qn83BxoC8tMQAvD_BwE

Or something like this?.........https://www.millets.co.uk/mens/184037-the-north-face-terra-gore-tex-shoe-black.html
I didn't link a cheap priced shoe as they all seem to be Karrimor types. As many of you'll know, Karrimor stuff was originally top quality stuff made here in Accrington,but Sports Direct took over the name and they ain't Karrimor anymore,apart from in name. I bought some of their walking shoes the other year. Within a few weeks of wear they were letting in water. The soles only lasted a few months after that.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have a thing about shoes, i love them
I love shoe shopping and impulse buy loads of them.

The problem with long walk shoes is there usually super comfy in the shop and you only find out there not to clever after a good walk.

Now ive paid a fortune for Ecco golf shoes and i have a pair of brilliant Asda black shoes that cost 25 quid.
I think i have about 20 odd pairs of shoes boots cycle ect..and a bag full of charity shop ready for drop off.

See i even like writing about my addiction :laugh:
Try loads and see if you get the fit.
You can get a good deal on most things at sports direct.
Clarks outlet
Pavers
And all outdoor activity shops.

Have fun.
Ps get your feet measured as that will help:okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Time to find a good sized town with lots of shoe shops and go shopping :okay:
Well there's nothing in Accrington,as i found out yesterday. It isn't the type of place you'd find many sporting activity related shops.:rolleyes: Clitheroe,7 miles down the road will have such shops,though with it being in the Ribble Valley,(The place where the Queen said she'd like to retire to,according to folklore) you pay a third more for stuff.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well there's nothing in Accrington,as i found out yesterday. It isn't the type of place you'd find many sporting activity related shops.:rolleyes: Clitheroe,7 miles down the road will have such shops,though with it being in the Ribble Valley,(The place where the Queen said she'd like to retire to,according to folklore) you pay a third more for stuff.
Train to a bigger place like Manchester?
Much more hassle buying loads online, returning etc. I have extremely awkward feet, hate shoe shopping and only buy online if I've had the exact same shoe before and even then it's a lottery :sad:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
M&S do a very nice walking gortex shoe for about 60 quid iirc very similar to your hotter example.
These. http://www.marksandspencer.com/leather-walker-boots-with-stormwear/p/p22396768

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Vibram Five Fingers?

Vibram FiveFingers Spyridon MR.JPG

Top Bottom