Walking Trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not a walker, as God invented the wheel as a far better mode of transport.

Just got a reasonable pair of walking boots and been looking at some trousers.

Why is it that walkers have skinny thighs? Had to try a few pairs on to find some that would fit, and those were tight, although stretchy. I won't be getting much in the 4 pockets. Checked the larger waist and the legs were just as skinny.

Mainly been bought for walking round Prague in freezing cold, but I'm being dragged on a walking weekend in Snowdonia, in February.

Got all the bike gear for crap weather, but not walking...^_^

Do you think I could take my bike with a bunch of woolly hatters ? :bicycle:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
Just been out for a walk in a pair of my old Ron Hill tracksters, I can't remember when I bought these but they are old.
For longer walks I usually wear Rohan trousers or Craghopper shorts.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Haven't got any walking trousers, but I think I have a pair that could stand by themselves!

Not a walker, as God invented the wheel as a far better mode of transport.

Just got a reasonable pair of walking boots and been looking at some trousers.

Why is it that walkers have skinny thighs? Had to try a few pairs on to find some that would fit, and those were tight, although stretchy. I won't be getting much in the 4 pockets. Checked the larger waist and the legs were just as skinny.

Mainly been bought for walking round Prague in freezing cold, but I'm being dragged on a walking weekend in Snowdonia, in February.

Got all the bike gear for crap weather, but not walking...^_^

Do you think I could take my bike with a bunch of woolly hatters ? :bicycle:
What size are you? I have a pair of Cragghoppers that are way too long for me, otherwise unworn. Yours for the postage if you can use them

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS - I also wanted zipped pockets for Prague - some handy tea leaves there, like any city. Found some that would pass for normal trousers, rather than having multi coloured panels and stuff - like us 'cyclists' - I wanted pants I could go into a restaurant with - Ronhills might not work, and I have a couple of pairs of them.

I was after the look of 'walking kit' without looking like one, a bit like 'bike kit' without looking like a biker. :whistle::laugh:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I do my annual hikes in Cragghoppers with the zip off bottom half so 2 pairs in one. Very hard wearing, nice fit and have survived the 3 peaks, the lakes and the South West Coastal path.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@fossyant I don't see why you can't walk in your cycling trousers/longs.
I wear my (non padded) alturas as casual wear all the time.
An extra pair of thermal leggings underneath for Prague and Snowdonia will be ideal imo.
Add thermal thermal socks, a thermal base layer, and you're sorted.
Imo, no need to spend for gear that you'll rarely wear.

Top Bottom