Walking Trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@fossyant I don't see why you can't walk in your cycling trousers/longs.
I wear my (non padded) alturas as casual wear all the time.
An extra pair of thermal leggings underneath for Prague and Snowdonia will be ideal imo.
Add thermal thermal socks, a thermal base layer, and you're sorted.
Imo, no need to spend for gear that you'll rarely wear.

I could wear my longs under, as I'll probably need to, but most of my normal trousers are cotton/jean/chinno types, so crap if it rains (they also have oil stains rom the bikes). Other pants are smart, and freezing. :laugh: I have far more bike gear than normal clothes :wacko:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have far more bike gear than normal clothes
Yeah, that's what I mean.
For walking, wear unpadded thermal longs, then on top a pair of your mountain bike longs, assuming they are not padded, of course.
I do that all the time, very comfy ^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've worn Ron Hills for years, they're excellent. If you leave the foot loops off they ride up a bit and make your packet look impressive.

The other go-to outdoor classic is the Helly Hansen Lifa polypropylene vest, otherwise known as a smelly Helly for its ability to whiff in the armpit area.

I don't know if they still make them, but I have a couple of pairs of Ron Hill Trackster "Trek" trousers, that I used to use for flat water canoeing, mountain biking and walking. A bit more generously sized than normal Tracksters, and of a thicker but still very stretchy material. The lower legs are not completely clingy, and sit well into the top of my walking boots. And they have two good sized zipped pockets on the front for keys or a bit of cash.
I bought two pairs years ago and they are still going strong. I expect I will wear some on Tuesday, when the weekly meeting of our walking group resumes after the Xmas break.

keithmac

Guru
I use Dickies Action trousers ebay 111365894108 got some for work and some for Scouts.

They have 2 options (make sure you specify Zipped pockets).

Last 2 pairs lasted 4 years worth of work so no complaints there, plus zipped pockets means phone can't fall out.

I'm a 36waist 30leg, which is 36 Short, not many do that size.

Problem with Jeans is if they get wet they can rub badly (not good on a long walk!).

irw

Quadricyclist
How about a pair of these 'walking' trousers?
4211037.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I don't know if they still make them, but I have a couple of pairs of Ron Hill Trackster "Trek" trousers, that I used to use for flat water canoeing, mountain biking and walking. A bit more generously sized than normal Tracksters, and of a thicker but still very stretchy material. The lower legs are not completely clingy, and sit well into the top of my walking boots. And they have two good sized zipped pockets on the front for keys or a bit of cash.
I bought two pairs years ago and they are still going strong. I expect I will wear some on Tuesday, when the weekly meeting of our walking group resumes after the Xmas break.
I’ve got 2 pairs that sound similar but they called them Bikesters. Can’t seem to get them now. Really handy with the 2 zipped pockets unlike the normal tracksters with just a tiny internal pocket.

Top Bottom