Walking Trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Check the 'PARAMO' range, I've had a pair of their waterproof overtrousers for years and still going strong for walking and cycling.
Mine are lined and have zipped pockets and zipped at bottom of legs to give a wider entry when boots are worn.:okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Which are ok till they get wet, then if there’s a bit of wind it’s hypothermia time.
yeah... he was saying that, but i'm yet to experience getting hypothermia from wet jeans :whistle:

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^^ you'll get unpleasant chafing from wet jeans long before you get hypothermia.

I walk in normal trousers, usually corduroys or cotton trousers and put on waterproof overtrousers when the weather looks dodgy. I've never seen the need for special trousers for walking when it's dry.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
+1 for Craghoppers Kiwi Pro.
They're water repellent, have zipped pockets, look fairly like "ordinary" trousers and are also available in thermal or convertible (lower leg zips off so you can wear them as shorts) styles.
As has been said up thread, they were on offer at Debenhams.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
WoW and I've got nothing on except the heating :blush:
According to my thermometer it is 18.5 C in here, which feels fine with extra clothing on. I am also wearing 3 long-sleeved layers on my upper body and a woolly hat to keep my balding head warm. I have a pair of woolly mitts next to me which I put on and take off through the day whenever my hands feel cold or too warm.

What temperature is your heating set to?

alicat

Legendary Member
Yeah whatever. My experience is very different your, and other people's claims.

@MontyVeda, just curious what the 'Yeah whatever' is all about?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
According to my thermometer it is 18.5 C in here, which feels fine with extra clothing on. I am also wearing 3 long-sleeved layers on my upper body and a woolly hat to keep my balding head warm. I have a pair of woolly mitts next to me which I put on and take off through the day whenever my hands feel cold or too warm.

What temperature is your heating set to?
21.5c I'm going to my grave broke, but at lest I won't be cold :laugh:

presta

Guru
I've had a couple of pairs of Craphoggers. The first were a good fit and hard wearing, but the pair I have now are baggy to the point of being comical. I'm not surprised they were flogging them off cheap.

gavgav

Guru
I use the same trousers for both cycling and walking in, during the winter. I don’t find a problem for either discipline. Just use some trouser clips for when I’m cycling.

DRM

Guru
yeah... he was saying that, but i'm yet to experience getting hypothermia from wet jeans :whistle:
Maybe not,yet,but they make you cold & keep you cold once they get wet, get a strong wind on them & the effect is a lot more pronounced, it’s very easy to get caught out in the hills.

Top Bottom