Warning! Evacuate this fire hazard building ASAP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That'd make him laugh, break the ice, and from thereon in you'd be best mates!
Somehow i don't think so. He'd probably have a heart attack then i'd be in lumber.:unsure: He's away on holiday at the moment. He's left his car here. Maybe put some bread on the thing,so the birds shoot all over it when they pick the bread up?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been informed by another resident, that the microwave IS there for the residents to use. He mentioned a formal note from the housing association on the back of the door. I went to have a look at it. It clearly states that it's there for the use of residents and staff. So hiding the microwave from me is not only petty, but it's also denying me and others using something we pay for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to view one of the housing association's flats this afternoon. God what a tip! No carpets,purple and lilac painted walls,no cooker and the stairway needs painting and carpeting. The housing association said when asked,that they couldn't/wouldn't give me any financial assistance to do the place up to a decent standard. I've worked it out that it'll cost me around £1000 to make it right. I'm not prepared to spend that to basically do up someone else's property. They mentioned last week about these other flats that were "immaculate" and didn't need anything doing to them,but now they say they're spoken for. I asked them to give me till Monday to decide if i'll take the flat,but i don't think i will. I asked what'd happen if i refused and was told eviction proceeding would begin. I know that i'll have a minimum of 2 months before they can force me out,so i'd better start looking for somewhere else.asap.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why are they evicting you?

Is there no way you can stay where you are until a decent flat gets offered?
They're evicting me(if it comes to that)because i wont give my dog up. I accept their rules and know it's difficult for both parties involved. I did think they'd come up with something better than the tip they've offered. I also pointed out that i was happy in the(fire hazzard) flat the council evicted us from and being here wasn't entirely my decision.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Perhaps you should do a Jack Duckworth, barricade yourself in until your demands are met. You could give live updates to us here on CC.
I hope it doesn't come to some sort of physical eviction. i'm peeved because they said i could have a look at these "immaculate" flats,now they say they've more or less been taken. Honestly,the one they've offered is dire. Who the hell paints a small flat in purple?! I'm wondering how much it'd cost the Housing Association in legal costs to evict me,compared to how much it'd cost for a few gallons of magnolia emulsion,some basic carpets and a second hand oven.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If an eviction is imminent then give up the dog.

Making a dog homeless through your stubbornness is cruel.
I can't give him up. Anyway,i'm hopeful if they send the bailiffs in they'll poop themselves and back down when they see him waiting to defend his master.. Would you fancy taking this on,i ask?!:eek:

jack_tzu.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Locally a young woman with a child has been told she and her son will have to live in one room in a hostel for up to a year, because there is nowhere else available for her to go. Think yourself extremely lucky to have been offered anything at all, Accy. You could get paint or wallpaper really cheaply if you put your mind to it, and do the place up a bit on the cheap - and presumably keep your dog.
I didn't think homeless people were allowed on the south coast!:unsure:

Top Bottom