Washing machines died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

With all this wet weater my washing machine has been in use almost daily over the last few weeks. It's been ill for a while and tonight it's finally died.

Anyone know of any good deals?
It has to have a built in heater.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
RedBike said:
With all this wet weater my washing machine has been in use almost daily over the last few weeks. It's been ill for a while and tonight it's finally died.

Built in heater for what?????

killiekosmos

Veteran
Redbike, I think all UK washing machines have the ability to heat water (some also take in hot supply but still need a heater).

We had to get a new w/m a few weeks ago. Do a Google search as Currys Comet etc do good deals and may install and remove old one too.

Lot of machines are cold fill only now.
If you want reliable - Miele. The ones on the ship I work on are in constant use by a dozen blokes. Non of who really understand how to use one - put in powder, randomly push buttons until it starts to do something. I reckon they do 5-6 washes per day, one is used only for dirty boilersuits.
Downside, they are expensive but do come with long guaratntees.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Pretty much all washing machines use cold-fill now.

What is your budget first?

If money no object then Yes, Miele

Also think about whether you want specific features..
Large load capacity
Very fast spin
Super quiet
etc etc

Brands to think about - LG, Bosch, Zanussi/Electrolux

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Redbike, I think all UK washing machines have the ability to heat water (some also take in hot supply but still need a heater).

Thank-you, thats just saved me a lot of trouble.
The not very helpfull lady in Currys told me their cheap Beko machine HAD to have a hot water connection. - My washing machine is in the garage so there is no hot water connection.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Budget - cheap as poss.

I don't care how long it takes to wash anything or how much noice it makes.
The bigger the load capacity the better though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS modern washers take about 2 hours to wash stuff.....????

My cycling kit goes in on the 'zigzag' wash - v. quick 30 mins and low temp, then on a separate fast spin...... the 30 wash takes over an hour, a 40 wash (unless 'quick wash selected') takes 2 hours...FFS.....I only need 30 and 40, and maybe a 60 for oily stuff....

Balls.........

RedBike said:

If you want something reasonably cheap, try TKB on ebay. They do mostly refurbished factory return units and seem to be pretty good. We do all their transport for them and it's rare we get returns for them, so presumably most of their customers are happy!

peanut

RedBike said:

Asda had some for sale in Taunton last week AT £85.00

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
We bought a Miele, expensive, clothes come out cleaner and dryer than any other machine we have had and it came with a 10 year parts and labour warranty.

You get what you pay for.

Mr Pig

Hoover machines seem good, we've had two that have lasted over a decade each and I know of others that have run and run. Don't buy a washer-drier, they seem to be universally unreliable.

Top Bottom