Waspyfecker season 2021...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I read somewhere that Waspyfecker reaches Peak Nastiness in September. Having got all boozed up by scoffing fermenting fruit, he sallies forth in an extra foul mood.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have a wasps nest in the bike shed and a bumble bee nest in the house. I leave them both alone and they leave me the same. One of my tree surgeon chums got stung 16 times by hornets and he still only states that he has mixed feelings about them. So I do not understand why people just don't let them have a bit of room.
Because they ARE nasty feckers.
Sat in the garden, just chilling, one landed on MrsDs arm, stung her twice and flew off......WHY ?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Touch wood i've only been wasp stung twice in my 60 years. The first time was in the 1980's,when one landed between my fingers after i'd opened the bathroom curtains at my mum and dad's old house. I just looked at it then i felt the pain.:ohmy: The second time was about 5 years ago on a cycling club run. The fecker got into my helmet and before i could slow down and do anything about it it struck. Damn, If only i'd worn a cycle cap underneath my helmet!🧐

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
I have a wasps nest in the bike shed and a bumble bee nest in the house. I leave them both alone and they leave me the same. One of my tree surgeon chums got stung 16 times by hornets and he still only states that he has mixed feelings about them. So I do not understand why people just don't let them have a bit of room.
Unfortunately the 4 that have attacked me, after coming through my upstairs window into my home working office, this week, 2 whilst I was on video calls, don’t appear to be from the same breed as your docile ones. They seem a rather angry bunch where ever they are coming from.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Unfortunately the 4 that have attacked me, after coming through my upstairs window into my home working office, this week, 2 whilst I was on video calls, don’t appear to be from the same breed as your docile ones. They seem a rather angry bunch where ever they are coming from.
From south of the river perhaps?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We have a wasp nest in the void above the porch this year. A steady stream of the charmers all day back and forth. I think the advice is just leave them to it as they move to another location next year?

Top Bottom