Waspyfecker season 2021...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
I live in a holiday type wood cabin and when i come back from a ride i like to sit on the veranda for a while to cool down...
All fine and dandy except i didnt know that wasps had made a home in my attic and i was sat directly in front of there entry point....got stung. I was going to go on the offensive but then realised i havent seen any spiders about for a while and reckon the wasps have eaten them or they've just legged it. I hate *****spiders with there horrid athletic nimbleness as they race across the living room or suddenly appear on the bathroom wall....so's im leaving the wasps alone [unless they attack in numbers] for the mo and look forward to a [mainly] spider free autumn ^_^

Mr Celine

Discordian

His mistake was talking. Midges attack instantly on hearing an English accent.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Up until last week no sign of midges or mosquitos, then I wake up after leaving the bedroom window wide open with the fan on to try and keep cool, only to find I have been savaged by the little bast*rds.

I counted a grand total of forty bites and only just stopped itching, My partner, on the other hand, not a single bite. I must have very attractive blood.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
No waspyfeckers, but what's the deal with flies?. Five minutes after opening your window for some air they're in....trying to get out. Despite having millions of cubic metres of air to fly about in...no....my home office. I agree with Eddie about they have Klingon cloaking devices:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wasps come regularly beside me sat at my top shed and scrape away some wood to build a nest somewhere. Never have any bother from them but one did get inside the shed recently and went for the window.
Spiders have residence there and it got a web so little spider came out and ran straight back to hiding. Father then appeared and considered for a bit and then backed off. Big momma then came out, all 2 inch body and muscle. Straight in for the attack. No problem. Wasp for lunch.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Multiple bogeys yesterday early evening in the riverside beer garden in Dulverton. Only our table of course. Maybe it was the pint of fragrant Sandford Orchard Rib Tickler or @Hill Wimp double Exmoor gin that attracted them we can only speculate.
Small, curious, and only mildly annoying....for now....

DRM

Guru
I take your Wasp, and raise the stakes to a Hornet, as spotted near the Green Line, Cyprus, thought it was jet fighter going past ! :ohmy:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Two nests at the moment - one over the front door and one in the front roof apex - despite our home being a bungalow it's a long way up.

A can of Wast Zapper turned up yesterday courtesy of Amazon.

So, when the sun goes down, a-squirting I shall go.

D

Deleted member 1258

Flies are our problem here, and have been for a couple of years, I haven't seen waspyfecker yet, which I'm glad off, last time I was stung I needed an ambulance and finished my ride in A & E, plenty of bees in the garden but I've not seen many spiders about.

gavgav

Guru
The pesky critters appear to have come out in force in my garden this weekend. 2 came in the house, yesterday and both decided to swim in my lemonade! 3 were buzzing around whilst I was mowing the lawn this morning. I think there may be a nest nearby.

Gillstay

Über Member
I have a wasps nest in the bike shed and a bumble bee nest in the house. I leave them both alone and they leave me the same. One of my tree surgeon chums got stung 16 times by hornets and he still only states that he has mixed feelings about them. So I do not understand why people just don't let them have a bit of room.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
It it's outside and it moves, the cats will bring them in! I had a hawk moth in my house the other night. Usually, the cats will torture them until they are killed and then eat them. But quite often, they'll escape and fly about, while the cat meows at it furiously.

Top Bottom