Watch and learn, Stevens...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
All these descriptions are lovely. Anyone care to come and demonstrate in my kitchen? :okay:

No? Then it's beans on toast again :sad:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
And I suppose that crashing into wild garlic once may be regarded as unfortunate, but to do it twice begins to look like carelessness?
We've got 3 huge local woods which are carpeted with wild garlic from now till may. Lovely stuff.

If I were you @theclaud , I'd claim 'falling onto veg' as a foodie alternative. Mashed is old hat, crushed has had its day, now comes "lightly fallen onto" as in "serve with some lightly fallen onto wild garlic". You heard it here first. it'll be on next year's Master Chef...mark my words :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Risk total disqualification for wholemeal pasta, which should never be seen, or even spoken of,
:okay:
@srw is disqualified ^_^
Get a blender, and what are you toasting the pine nuts for? They have a delicate flavor, no need to toast, dries them up. Olive oil!
Btw, whose hoummous was not satisfactory in the other thread? @Crackle? @AndyRM? I forgot!
Fresh chick peas, tahini (70/30), garlic cut in slivers not chopped (lots of it!) salt and pepper, little olive oil (use veg or sunflower oil for a lighter tasting version, but not lighter in calories), put in blender/food processor, adding more oil and lemon juice to taste (not too much lemon juice), keep adding oil until the consistency of slightly whipped cream is reached. This will require a lot of oil, akin to making mayo.
Reserve some water from draining the chick peas: if the hoummous starts getting thick too fast, before you had a chance to add enough oil and lemon to make it tasty, add some of this water.
Practice makes perfect: I learned from a Cypriot chef.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We had Pizza Express Sloppy Giuseppes with Waitrose Coleslaw this evening washed down with a bottle of Alsace Sylvaner .... I hoped photos weren't needed.
Tomorrow's cuisine will be provided by Heathrow T4, Air France and Novotel.

subaqua

What’s the point
We had pizza too. From tesco 2 for 4 quid. Filled a hole I suppose. Spicy lamb and chorizo tonight. Yes I will post pics as I do it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Still got half of the wild garlic left. Do I have it with the aged ribeye steak, or the pig's kidneys?

Decisions, decisions.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[ISIHAC mode/]

.... This week @theclaud has been baking and showing @Patrick Stevens her prowess in the kitchen. Once her baps were revealed Patrick vigorously shook his aerosol and liberally coated them in fresh cream for her .... [OFF]

Last edited:
U

User482

We've got 3 huge local woods which are carpeted with wild garlic from now till may. Lovely stuff.

If I were you @theclaud , I'd claim 'falling onto veg' as a foodie alternative. Mashed is old hat, crushed has had its day, now comes "lightly fallen onto" as in "serve with some lightly fallen onto wild garlic". You heard it here first. it'll be on next year's Master Chef...mark my words :smile:

I once ate in a restaurant that included the menu description "served on a dialogue of purees".

Top Bottom