Watch and learn, Stevens...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Extra points to @subaqua for rinsing the tomato tin and using the water in the sauce! :hyper:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm staying in Warrington tonight, one leaves ones middle-classness on the M6. Maybe I'm on the wrong side of the tracks but I went out to find a pub and although I found a couple I decided against frequenting them - I nearly tapped a chap, who was smoking a prison roll-up outside a grotty run down looking establishment, on the shoulder with my Telegraph so I could ask him if there was a decent place with craft beer or at least some bottled Belgian stuff but the angry look on his pit-bull's fizzog put me right off.
Chicken Cottage .... There should be one nearby .... Like KFC, but less poncy.

OP
OP
theclaud

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You take a big old swathe of whole garlic leaves, maybe half a carrier-bagful, put them in a roasting pan and lay a shoulder of lamb on top, with a bit of salt and pepper. Pour over a glass of white wine and cover with foil. Cook in a low oven till the lamb is extremely tender (4+ hours). Retrieve the liquid and remove the fat. Liquidise the liquid and the garlic leaves together, season if needed, and use as sauce for the lamb. Simple, but very very good...

Got an old friend visiting this evening, so this will be dinner. Excellent cooking time for a few meanwhile pints...

:smile:

Ganymede

Veteran
Got an old friend visiting this evening, so this will be dinner. Excellent cooking time for a few meanwhile pints...

:smile:
Hurrah! Yes it is a very good-natured dish. BTW you can always thicken the liquidised garlic with a little cornflour if you want it to hold together better.

We've just had a vast tub of wild garlic soup for our lunch. I'm afraid people will be (in the immortal words of Victoria Wood) backing away with their handbags over their noses this afternoon. :giggle:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Tomorrow we are having Chicken with 100 cloves of Garlic ....

I pot
1 Chicken (2 we're going for thighs for a change)
3 handfuls fresh thyme
100-ish cloves of garlic (unpeeled)
200ml Red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper as poncey as you like.

Smear chicken with olive oil, stuff with some of the cloves and the thyme, place in pot, throw in the rest of the Garlic cloves, Thyme and Red Wine vinegar.
Cover and cook for 1 hour 180C/Gas 4 topping-up the liquor with water to prevent drying out.
Remove lid and cook for a further 30 mins to brown the chicken.

Chop-up chicken
Serve with Tagliatelle.
Save excess garlic in the freezer for chucking into other things* OR serving chilled spread onto bread with a little salt.

*Did Pork steaks in the Forman grill with the Garlics .... ace, Sausages work well too. Can also put into gravy/stews etc.

Ganymede

Veteran
Tomorrow we are having Chicken with 100 cloves of Garlic ....

I pot
1 Chicken (2 we're going for thighs for a change)
3 handfuls fresh thyme
100-ish cloves of garlic (unpeeled)
200ml Red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper as poncey as you like.

Smear chicken with olive oil, stuff with some of the cloves and the thyme, place in pot, throw in the rest of the Garlic cloves, Thyme and Red Wine vinegar.
Cover and cook for 1 hour 180C/Gas 4 topping-up the liquor with water to prevent drying out.
Remove lid and cook for a further 30 mins to brown the chicken.

Chop-up chicken
Serve with Tagliatelle.
Save excess garlic in the freezer for chucking into other things* OR serving chilled spread onto bread with a little salt.

*Did Pork steaks in the Forman grill with the Garlics .... ace, Sausages work well too. Can also put into gravy/stews etc.
This is a very fine thing, but I want to warn you that although people say your breath doesn't smell afterwards, your body really does. After about 24 hours your whole body just oozes the smell of roast garlic - less pungent than a mouthful of the fresh stuff, but hoo boy. I ate this on a Saturday during my time at drama school, and on Monday morning I caused an awful stir in dance class when we all warmed up....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Today I transformed this

20150403_142029.jpg
20150403_162415.jpg

Chicken bhoona for supper tonight.

:hungry:

TVC

Right then @Patrick Stevens, this is food:

Black Smoked Bacon Steak with a Green Lentil Ragu
DSC_0516.JPG

Pork Larb

DSC_0524.JPG

Pigeon Breast on a Wild Mushroom and Leek pillow, Pan Fried Cauliflower and a Port Sauce

DSC_0529.JPG

Crab Tian with a warm Crab Bisque

DSC_0533.JPG

Beef Fillet with Cauliflower Puree, Olive Oil Roasted New Potatoes, and a Red Wine Reduction

DSC_0534.JPG

Smoked Duck Breast Salad

DSC_0544.JPG

Just saying

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

View attachment 84613

Pork Larb

View attachment 84614

Pigeon Breast on a Wild Mushroom and Leek pillow, Pan Fried Cauliflower and a Port Sauce

View attachment 84615

View attachment 84616

Beef Fillet with Cauliflower Puree, Olive Oil Roasted New Potatoes, and a Red Wine Reduction

View attachment 84617

Smoked Duck Breast Salad

View attachment 84618

Just saying

Yebbut did you pretend to cook it yourself?

The ponciness of it all rival's Patrick's ponciness.

Reactions: TVC

View attachment 84613

Pork Larb

View attachment 84614

View attachment 84615

View attachment 84616

View attachment 84617

Smoked Duck Breast Salad

View attachment 84618

Just saying
I'm just not sure about those Stonehenge carrots.

Top Bottom