Watch this space for bad overtakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
2nd vid...

From the angle of the shot looks more like the driver was cutting the corner on a lane he assumed there was not any traffic coming, i have had this sort of thing happen even in the car along the lanes i commute on as drivers are not expecting anything to be coming the other way and take the turns as fast as possible and use as much road as possible .

BSRU

A Human Being
Anyway, when people pass me closely, it is easier to tell how close they are because they maintain their course past me. You can tell how close someone is to me by how much I shout.
I was genuinely scared by the driver above.

Quite often drivers will actually move/drift out as they pass, so they look further away on forward facing camera's and hence the pass will not look as close.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
2nd vid...

From the angle of the shot looks more like the driver was cutting the corner on a lane he assumed there was not any traffic coming, i have had this sort of thing happen even in the car along the lanes i commute on as drivers are not expecting anything to be coming the other way and take the turns as fast as possible and use as much road as possible .

That doesnt mean that the driver had permission to cut the corner. He was not overtaking anyone, or avoiding anything. He just assumed that there was noone about. So he wasnt thinking ahead.

Just imagine if I had been a low sports car, he would have gone straight into me.

I wasnt in primary position, but I was near the middle of the lane to avoid any twigs or branches which might be on the edge of the road. There was no need for him to cut the corner

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That doesnt mean that the driver had permission to cut the corner. He was not overtaking anyone, or avoiding anything. He just assumed that there was noone about. So he wasnt thinking ahead.

Just imagine if I had been a low sports car, he would have gone straight into me.

I wasnt in primary position, but I was near the middle of the lane to avoid any twigs or branches which might be on the edge of the road. There was no need for him to cut the corner

I didn't say the driving was acceptable , merely that from the video it looked to me that he was cutting the corner rather than as the title of the clip suggests they were aiming at you deliberately,

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=RF05EES-Veryagressiveconfrontation.mp4

Now this is not a bad overtake. But it is some extremely agressive behaviour. There was no need for the confrontation and as he was so agressive towards me, I am definately reporting it to the police.

PS: I would like to know if anyone can tell what the companies name is on the back of the van. Much appreciated.

I can only guess he is annoyed that you didn't let him out of the side road. Either way, no need to act the way he did.

'If i had done that to you I would have got loads of shoot for being a twat to people on bikes'
GUESS WHAT!!! your going to get loads of shoot for being a twat to people on bikes!

Tip. read out number plates and company names. telephone numbers and websites so you can easily find them later ;)

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Tip. read out number plates and company names. telephone numbers and websites so you can easily find them later ;)

Will do.

I am going to ring 101 tomorrow to report it. I already have reported it to StopSMIDSY.com and a few people on facebook have said that it was unacceptable. I dont think the company will appreciate the behaviour of the driver.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=RF05EES-Veryagressiveconfrontation.mp4

Now this is not a bad overtake. But it is some extremely agressive behaviour. There was no need for the confrontation and as he was so agressive towards me, I am definately reporting it to the police.

PS: I would like to know if anyone can tell what the companies name is on the back of the van. Much appreciated.

I cant see what the drivers problem is... he had time and space to overtake and if he chose to wave his arms around in the vehicle pointing at something that is his problem.

sadjack

Ahhh, the delights of cycling through Rhyl :rolleyes:

My commute used to be a drive to Prestatyn then cycle through to Colwyn Bay. During the summer the prom was, well, shall we just say "delightful".

Nothing changes I see.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Ahhh, the delights of cycling through Rhyl :rolleyes:

My commute used to be a drive to Prestatyn then cycle through to Colwyn Bay. During the summer the prom was, well, shall we just say "delightful".

Nothing changes I see.

Well I had ride up to Colwyn Bay as well today. I decided to use the prom as much as possible as I figured I would not get anywhere on the roads. I had a headwind all the way there (barely did 10 mph), and the remains of the hurricane absolutely thrashed me when I got back to Kimnel Bay.

I was shattered when I got home even though I did 25 miles.

Top Bottom