Watch this space for bad overtakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

At best I don't non cyclists understand a cyclist dynamics but tbh he probably just didn't care, had been held up by you for 5 secs (a long time when you are a Goldfish) saw the gap and went for it. All you can really do is be aware they might do that or if you have the power adopt the primary before the crest, even that aint a guarantee.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
At best I don't non cyclists understand a cyclist dynamics but tbh he probably just didn't care, had been held up by you for 5 secs (a long time when you are a Goldfish) saw the gap and went for it. All you can really do is be aware they might do that or if you have the power adopt the primary before the crest, even that aint a guarantee.

I didnt hold him up. He just came rattling around the corner and plumeted down the hill, then realised there was an oncoming car coming.

mickeyt69

Regular
Good thread! i have only been riding again for around three months and already i had to contend with this s**t and an old granny who jumped out in front of me at full pelt, i have started to call my bike my bright yellow invisibility cloak as some people seem totaly oblivious to me when im on it, but the drivers who really grip my s**t are the ones who know you are there but seem to think common road rules right of way e.t.c. dosn't apply to cyclists and look at you like your totally in the wrong to be on the road aggghhh!! starting to get wound up writing this. Bad angles or not i can see how bad these situations are, an uncle of mine who is no longer with us used to ride motor bikes and his solution to none curtious drivers was to catch up to them and start kicking their doors in a bit extreme i know but sometimes i just wish i could do that good old John.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Typical Numpty, from first look you seem to have adopted a reasonable strong position which would discourage most drivers but not numpties.

You've always got to take into account numpties ;)

apollo179

apollo179

Top Bottom