Watch this space for bad overtakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I think i just adjust my position to accomadate the taxi swinging out and continue on my way without saying a word.
What if the taxi driver was a nutter having a bad day and leapt out and stabbed you.

Surely thats what the PCO should be finding out, mwahaha!

It makes as much sense really to suggest the taxi driver is an alien and that his taxi can fly to mars....

apollo179

Surely thats what the PCO should be finding out, mwahaha!

It makes as much sense really to suggest the taxi driver is an alien and that his taxi can fly to mars....

Mmhh im not sure.
I see more reports of people injured or killed in road rage incidents than i do of alien taxi drivers flying people to mars.
Would you encourage your loved ones to pursue these kind of confruntations ?
I may not love mathew but by the same token i would not encourage him or anyone else to put themselves into such avoidable dangerous situations.

element

I think the footage of the taxi driver kind of proves the point that Mathew is a dick. People make mistakes and misjudgements all the time on the roads, if you had not been riding down the middle of the road it would not have been an issue. You have a bad attitude and I think you ride in a way that deliberately antagonises other road users so you can get more interesting footage for your camera.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I think the footage of the taxi driver kind of proves the point that Mathew is a dick. People make mistakes and misjudgements all the time on the roads, if you had not been riding down the middle of the road it would not have been an issue. You have a bad attitude and I think you ride in a way that deliberately antagonises other road users so you can get more interesting footage for your camera.

Mathew is a kid, he is still learning.

Agreed there is much he can do to limit the risk, but having a dodgy pop at him is not going to help.

dand

Excuse me if I am out of order here but 10 clips in 14 days with one common factor - you. Maybe you need to look at your riding style or be a little more alert on the roads?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Excuse me if I am out of order here but 10 clips in 14 days with one common factor - you. Maybe you need to look at your riding style or be a little more alert on the roads?
Maybe you need to cycle a thousand miles in his spds before you comment?
You have no idea how many miles he is doing or what time of day he is riding at. 10 clips in 300 miles is nothing.

david k

Hi
as they say, walk a mile in my shoes...............................or 300mile on my bike
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Drivers in my area are not very cyclist literate, therefore I am often going to come across more incidents in the day than you would somewhere else, say swindon or manchester.
The fact that I have a bad attitude towards people is that if they nearly go into me or pass me closely, then I will often have a rant at them because its natural to want to point out someones mistakes.

I am not posting every video I have because I often have multiple close passes and RLJers in the day. The ones I am bringing to others attention are the most serious ones.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

You probably could have red that a bit better. Unfortunately as you come around the corner you are in there blind spot and they probably didn't check it. How ever as you come around the corner the indicator is on, meaning one thing, they are pulling away. Much better to pull on the brakes and avoid an incident rather than get run off the road.

BSRU

A Human Being
Drivers in my area are not very cyclist literate, therefore I am often going to come across more incidents in the day than you would somewhere else, say swindon or manchester.
The fact that I have a bad attitude towards people is that if they nearly go into me or pass me closely, then I will often have a rant at them because its natural to want to point out someones mistakes.

I am not posting every video I have because I often have multiple close passes and RLJers in the day. The ones I am bringing to others attention are the most serious ones.

Somebody writing something good about Swindon :eek:, you obviously meant Swinton ;).

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=DF53AFAHorizonTaxisNo6-RLJ.mp4
Minibus jumps lights for no reason. There was another taxi behind me and I spoke to him about it. I informed the guy that the driver jumped a red light and I had him on camera. He wasnt too fussed and didnt say much.

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=CW54KLX-SMIDSYNearmiss.mp4
I absolutely cacked myself when this happened. I honestly thought the woman was going to go straight into me. (sorry for the swearing).
I did not go through a red light. I crossed the stop line on an amber. The lights to the other driver remain on green, therefore they did not know that mine were changing.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=CW54KLX-SMIDSYNearmiss.mp4
I absolutely cacked myself when this happened. I honestly thought the woman was going to go straight into me. (sorry for the swearing).
I did not go through a red light. I crossed the stop line on an amber. The lights to the other driver remain on green, therefore they did not know that mine were changing.

Amber means stop unless it is not safe to do so. As your clip starts with the light being amber we can't tell how much notice you had that it was going to red. Knowing traffic light systems in the UK, i doubt that the other sides lights just stay green, there must be a filter light or similar that shows them they categorically can go safely (as long as no one has slowly cycled through an amber light).
That is of course not taking away from the incident it's self, poor checking from the other driver.

Care to show us this junction on google maps?

On a side note, edit your clips carefully to show that you did nothing wrong clearly.

:troll: again?

Come on, element. The lad's 17. He's putting videos up, open to constructive criticism and suggestions; not many 17 year olds have the maturity to be able to do that. And there's people willing to make suggestions. Good on him, good on them.

As to proof that somebody is a d**k .........

Top Bottom