Watch this space for bad overtakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sainty

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m562/monkeysnutscom/Videos/?action=view¤t=RF05EES-Veryagressiveconfrontation.mp4

Now this is not a bad overtake. But it is some extremely agressive behaviour. There was no need for the confrontation and as he was so agressive towards me, I am definately reporting it to the police.

PS: I would like to know if anyone can tell what the companies name is on the back of the van. Much appreciated.

It looks like there were several opportunities to move across and let the guy pass you safely - that might be why he was annonyed.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
was that a red light you went through at the start? Or am i mistaken?

:blush: Well.....

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Your own video footage can incriminate you. If you are going to film other road users and comment on how bad / dangerous they are, you should at least be obeying the laws of the road.

I only went through the lights when it was safe to do so as I knew these would not change whilst I was there. I made sure the road was clear in all directions and went out cautiously.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I only went through the lights when it was safe to do so as I knew these would not change whilst I was there. I made sure the road was clear in all directions and went out cautiously.

That isn't the point. You are commenting on other road users behaviour and saying how bad it is, yet you are picking and choosing which rules apply to yourself. Is it ok for a car to do what you did? Would you complain about it if you saw it happen?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
That isn't the point. You are commenting on other road users behaviour and saying how bad it is, yet you are picking and choosing which rules apply to yourself. Is it ok for a car to do what you did? Would you complain about it if you saw it happen?

Fair point, I was just being impateint. I apologise if I have caused you any discretion. One cyclist doing something bad doesnt reflect well on all other cyclists, I understand that now.

apollo179

Fair point, I was just being impateint. I apologise if I have caused you any distress. One cyclist doing something bad doesnt reflect well on all other cyclists, I understand that now.

FTFY
If you are going to rlj you need to remove any evidence of your doing so from your public footage and if ever probed for an opinion on the rights and wrongs of rljing just reply "its against the law therefore its wrong" .
Simples.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Fair point, I was just being impateint. I apologise if I have caused you any discretion. One cyclist doing something bad doesnt reflect well on all other cyclists, I understand that now.

My view is that of if you're going to film you have to be an ambassador for cycling. I know the other lights had changed but it does present a danger sometimes where other road users, specifically drivers around here, will fly through just as or after it has changed to red.

..and its indiscretion. :tongue: :smile:

In some cases I would agree with this, having sat at a number of traffic lights myself for ridiculous amounts of time waiting for them to change which they then did so almost immediately as a bus pulled up behind.

If the lights aren't set up for cyclists then how else are we supposed to cross? Just wait around hoping that someone in a car will soon follow?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
In some cases I would agree with this, having sat at a number of traffic lights myself for ridiculous amounts of time waiting for them to change which they then did so almost immediately as a bus pulled up behind.

If the lights aren't set up for cyclists then how else are we supposed to cross? Just wait around hoping that someone in a car will soon follow?
That is a completely different situation.

Top Bottom