Water bottle cage spacers

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Gary E, 20 Aug 2012.

1. Gary E

Gary E Veteran

Spacer.jpg

This is a water bottle spacer, it has a 5.1mm internal diameter to go over an M5 bolt, an 8mm external diameter and is 5mm long.
    Can I find anywhere that sells them at a sensible price? no I can't :sad:

THIS is the only place I can find them but there's no way I'm paying that.

Does anyone know where I can get them at a reasonable price? Surely there must be somewhere. I've got 2 but need a couple more.

2. HERE?

3. OP
    OP
    Gary E

Gary E Veteran

OK, I should have gone on to say, I'm not going to be using them as water bottle spacers :blush:

I'm fixing a small bracket to the top 2 bolts on my stem. To give a little clearance I need to use 2 of these, they HAVE to be 8mm O/D to fit inside the stem front plate. The ones in your link are about 10mm diameter so no good :sad: Thanks anyway for trying :thumbsup:

4. OP
    OP
    Gary E

Gary E Veteran

If I wasn't so tight this wouldn't be a problem. I could just get some stock 8mm stainless tube and machine a few but I was hoping there was a quicker, cheaper solution out there.
    £6 for about 2p worth of metal is making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :laugh:

5. New Horizon

New Horizon Über Member

How about spacers from V brake blocks? That’s what I use to space my bottle cage off the downtube to clear the FD bracket.

6. ohnovino

ohnovino Large Member

Does it have to be a spacer, or would an M5 bolt nut do the job?

7. OP
    OP
    Gary E

Gary E Veteran

All sorted. I took a 12 inch length of stainless steel tube and parted off a hat full!

Cheers anyway guys :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice