Water bottle cage spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Spacer.jpg

This is a water bottle spacer, it has a 5.1mm internal diameter to go over an M5 bolt, an 8mm external diameter and is 5mm long.
Can I find anywhere that sells them at a sensible price? no I can't :sad:

THIS is the only place I can find them but there's no way I'm paying that.

Does anyone know where I can get them at a reasonable price? Surely there must be somewhere. I've got 2 but need a couple more.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
OK, I should have gone on to say, I'm not going to be using them as water bottle spacers :blush:

I'm fixing a small bracket to the top 2 bolts on my stem. To give a little clearance I need to use 2 of these, they HAVE to be 8mm O/D to fit inside the stem front plate. The ones in your link are about 10mm diameter so no good :sad: Thanks anyway for trying :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
If I wasn't so tight this wouldn't be a problem. I could just get some stock 8mm stainless tube and machine a few but I was hoping there was a quicker, cheaper solution out there.
£6 for about 2p worth of metal is making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :laugh:

How about spacers from V brake blocks? That’s what I use to space my bottle cage off the downtube to clear the FD bracket.

Top Bottom