Water proof lightweight jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Looking for a rain jacket that will fit into a jersey pocket. Have looked at the Rapha jacket. But £180.00 is a bit much. Can you reccomend anything a bit cheeper.
What do you use. It must be waterproof.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Gore C5 Shakedry jacket. Expensive but totally brilliant.

Second that. Kept me warm and dry for over 12 hours through storm Miguel a few weekends back. Super light and easily fits in a pocket. I got mine new for £120.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I use a Galibier one, well worth it at £58 and very light: https://galibier.cc/product/tourmalet/

Kept me dry on LEL and my 600km last weekend.

Galibier-rain-jacket-front-1005x1024.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I use a Galibier one, well worth it at £58 and very light: https://galibier.cc/product/tourmalet/

View attachment 471308

I've been looking for a new lightweight jacket also.
My Montane Fetherlite is at the end of it's life. I've had a few over the years and there wasn't much better for the price. However they no longer make them which is a bind.
So this looks like a good option as they do it in black.
What are the sizes like? The medium is out of stock so may have to go with a large.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It's pretty small; has to be to fit in with my audax kit.
Does it fit into jersey pocket?

View attachment 471308
Have never heard of but those reviews sound ecstatic, so thanks. Also interested in sizing info. What sort of size are you and what size do you take. Is it a slim racing fit or a more casual fit? I favour slightly baggy so if need be I can have a base layer and microfleece underneath.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a new lightweight jacket also.
My Montane Fetherlite is at the end of it's life. I've had a few over the years and there wasn't much better for the price. However they no longer make them which is a bind.
So this looks like a good option as they do it in black.
What are the sizes like? The medium is out of stock so may have to go with a large.
My galibier jacket size M was more like a large. It was loose on a 40" chest.

Cheers
In that case I think the large will be too big for me.
Oh well.
Maybe not.
I found this under sizing.
THE GARMENT IS FITTED, IF YOU WANT A RELAXED FIT, OR WISH IT TO GO OVER A WINTER JACKET, WE WOULD ADVISE TO SIZE UP, FROM NORMAL.
And under that there are some reports from folk detailing their actual size and what fitted.

Eg
Im 32″ waist and 38″ chest and the medium is a super fit over a short sleeve jersey’ Mark.

“39.5 chest and 34 waist and large is on the button for me” Myles

You could always go for a slightly more relaxed less racing snake fit. I find that more adaptable.
By the by, also found this curious guidance.

• Not designed to be packable, but Will roll up to fit in a large jersey pocket
Not sure what that means. I assume packing it will do no harm? Just means not designed to be packable by the demanding requirements of ultra minimalist roadies who aim to pack everything up their xxxxx?

Another question about it - does it have any sort of pocket (would have a zip closure i guess if it had) at the back? Often use such a thing in tops for temporarily putting bits in when getting off bike for a stop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom