Waterproof/Windproof cycling tights/bib tights advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Hello there.
I am looking for a solution for my bottom half for the fast approaching British winter.
Rather than have tights, overtrousers etc etc, I was wondering if there is a 'one size fits all' solution in terms of tights/bib tights that have a chamois and are windproof/water repellent?

Budget up to about £60
Any advice greatly appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
Gore do wind proof, might struggle with that budget. Might get lucky

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/p...Yellow_Large?gclid=CN3fqc6V0M8CFYoW0wodgRkAaw

http://www.tgstore.co.uk/garments/cycling-tights-bibs/?filter=47_132

I'm not overly keen on the wind stopper but you might like, bit creaky and crinkly!

They'll be as water repellent as any roubaix tights. Could add rain legs for really wet days

Look at wiggle dhb too

Last edited:
Think you'll struggle for £60 tbh;usual suspects are DHB Aeron rain defence,Sportful no rain,Castelli nanoflex and the Gore stuff and possibly Endura non of which are in your price range unfortunately unless you can nab some on a sale.

I have some of the Sportful kit and it's been ace so far,not 100% waterproof but pretty good and dries quick too.

Should say that all those are of the 'sportier' side of clothing.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Those Lusso tights from Merlin look o.k and are reasonably priced. https://www.merlincycles.com/lusso-max-repel-cycling-bib-tights-47913.html

I have a pair of these & they are great. Not waterproof by any means, but can keep out a small shower, or road spray. No pad in mine which suits, as if need be I can wear them 2 days on trot, just change shorts underneath :okay: Not windproof, but they are warm & tbh not much difference between them & a pair of dhb windproof bib tights that I have

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'd get them un-padded if I were you, and wear over your regular bibs, as you'll get more bang for your buck. Anything truly waterproof will be sweaty, just get a pair of roubaix/thermal lined tights so at least if wet you are warm, and some overshoes!

HorTs

Über Member
I've been looking for years for some winter bib tights for commuting. Never had any luck. I plan to try the Morvelo offering for £115 when/if I have the money.

GlenBen

Über Member
Ive been quite impressed with endura thermalites. Keep the worst of the water off and are plenty warm enough for me. They are £80ish though, but im sure some would be in a sale somewhere closer to 60.

Kajjal

Guru
I have tried Castelli Nanoflex which repel water but when it comes to a prolonged downpour the choice you have is get damp but keep warm or wear something fully waterproof but accept it will not breathe at all while you wear it. Most quality tights dry out quickly.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Keep an eye on Amazon for Santini products. For example I bought these Santini bibs a while back for £27 rather than the £112 they are now. Every so often they go a bit crazy and reduce prices.

Top Bottom