Wayne Rooney arrested on suspicion of drink driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I like the system used elsewhere where fines for things like speeding and drink driving are related to your wealth. It means they actually have an impact on the wealthy, instead of just being shrugged off.
A good point about the fine, but the banning for ten times longer is illogical.

I like the system used elsewhere where fines for things like speeding and drink driving are related to your wealth. It means they actually have an impact on the wealthy, instead of just being shrugged off.
You mean like ........... the UK? :smile:

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4939844, member: 9609"]

And I think it is utter nonsense comparing accys possible eye issue with rooney drinking and driving. May be we should move on from the eye thing ? I reckon he has got the message by now.[/QUOTE]
Either that, or he's turned a blind eye to it.

subaqua

What’s the point
https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

Unlimited fine possible depending on which offence he gets prosecuted for .

Will he ?? Probly not.

The graduated system is in place in the U.K. For court sentenced speeding . Band A, B and C fines . Sentencing council website is pretty good as is the UK GOV website .

Lonestar

Veteran
[QUOTE 4939844, member: 9609"]I think rooney is an utter disgrace, if guilty I would ban him for 10x longer than your average bloke on the street. I also think any fine should have a significant impact on his wealth. Bring him back down to his last 100,000

And I think it is utter nonsense comparing accys possible eye issue with rooney drinking and driving. May be we should move on from the eye thing ? I reckon he has got the message by now.[/QUOTE]

eye eye captain.

Top Bottom