We All Want to Support Our LBS......BUT!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They have the Internet on all till terminals in there and do everything they can to rubbish the comparison product, despite it being the same exact item.

Last year, I wanted some Specialized summer gloves. £35 in store. £12-£15 online at reputable stores. The LBS argued blind that they were "last years colours", despite both pairs being totally black and having same packaging and product code!

Fair enough :okay:

I never buy components from an LBS, always online or from Decathlon. But I would always buy my n+1 from an LBS, and I have an excellent repairs and servicing LBS.

winjim

Smash the cistern
probably they have much more expenses than the online store. you cannot compare an online store with a brick and mortar
Online store quite possibly dodging taxes.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't even remember posting that and I don't think it was me as I have no interest in Oakley frames. Could it be clever advertising?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't even remember posting that and I don't think it was me as I have no interest in Oakley frames. Could it be clever advertising?
Click on the little arrow at the top of the quote box - it shows that you DID in fact post that, as opposed to a fake quote like the one below...

ColinJ knows that I love Oakley and always buy them from Oakleys Oakleys store!

DSK

I agree with some of the comments.

If we are talking small differences then I buy in shop otherwise its online.

I was quoted £85 + £10 for tubes + £40 labour for a pair of 700x25 Conti Gatorsskins at my LBS. That's £95 for parts alone and £135 fitted

Online I got the tyres and tubes for £70 with Schwalbe tubes. £25 on those parts is a lot money to some people and such differences can quickly add up to large sums of money.

Top Bottom