We All Want to Support Our LBS......BUT!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Click on the little arrow at the top of the quote box - it shows that you DID in fact post that, as opposed to a fake quote like the one below...
could have been an April fool??? :biggrin:

vickster

Legendary Member
I agree with some of the comments.

If we are talking small differences then I buy in shop otherwise its online.

I was quoted £85 + £10 for tubes + £40 labour for a pair of 700x25 Conti Gatorsskins at my LBS. That's £95 for parts alone and £135 fitted
Why did you even consider paying to have tyres fitted if not an emergency? And £20 a tyre :ohmy:
Which SW London emporium was that?

DSK

Why did you even consider paying to have tyres fitted if not an emergency? And £20 a tyre :ohmy:
Which SW London emporium was that?

This was a local bike place in Nottingham (my weekend home).

Why? I am new to cycling so would have been easier to use a LBS as I hear stories of the rear wheel being a bugger.

I followed a GCN video and fitted them myself.

vickster

Legendary Member
This was a local bike place in Nottingham (my weekend home).

Why? I am new to cycling so would have been easier to use a LBS as I hear stories of the rear wheel being a bugger.

I followed a GCN video and fitted them myself.
Why is the rear wheel a bugger? Is it a hub wheeled bike?
Best to learn as you have done and carry the means to fix a puncture whenever you ride especially away from home :okay:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I was quoted £85 + £10 for tubes + £40 labour for a pair of 700x25 Conti Gatorskins at my LBS. That's £95 for parts alone and £135 fitted

I'd have a funny turn and need to have a lie down if anyone expected me to pay £135 for a pair of tyres for a push bike. All the more so considering none of my bikes cost me anywhere near the price quoted just for tyres. £20 for a decent Schwalbe online, plus 4 or 5 quid max each for quality tubes (I like Conti Cross and Tour in 700 size personally), so no more than £50 max for a pair of tyres and tubes fitted DIY. I don't mind paying a couple of quid over and above online prices for local convenience, but I ain't paying double or more! £40 for fitting two tyres is more money than sense territory for anyone silly enough to pay that.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd have a funny turn and need to have a lie down if anyone expected me to pay £135 for a pair of tyres for a push bike. All the more so considering none of my bikes cost me anywhere near the price quoted just for tyres. £20 for a decent Schwalbe online, plus 4 or 5 quid max each for quality tubes (I like Conti Cross and Tour in 700 size personally), so no more than £50 max for a pair of tyres and tubes fitted DIY. I don't mind paying a couple of quid over and above online prices for local convenience, but I ain't paying double or more! £40 for fitting two tyres is more money than sense territory for anyone silly enough to pay that.

I'd two this afternoon/evening
"Funny Turn"

Last edited:
Top Bottom