We can talk about budget tyres!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Resistance is futile.

I'll grab my hat.

petek

Über Member
There are 'budget' bicycle tyres and then there are robust bicycle tyres and those cost more. Tyres with extra puncture protection and reflective side-walls: Hard-wearing tyres with a secure tread design plus that essential inner 'SmartGuard' layer made from a flexible, special rubber that offers extra resistance to shards of glass and pins. Tyres that come with a reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls to provide extra visibility after darkness falls.
Buying 'budget' tyres can prove to be expensive.

petek

Über Member
depends what the op defines as a budget tyre ?
The ones that poor people buy.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The ones that poor people buy.

Not necessarily. I buy commuter tyres cheaply - so I've just bought 5 of the Vredestein's at Wiggle for £10.33 each: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vredestein-fortezza-senso-all-weather-clincher-road-tyre/

I once bought a box of random 700c tyres for £2 each: lots of pink ones in there but I didn't care. And Ribble had Vittoria Rubino's at £4, but only in red, so I had a pile of those as well (still working through the pile).

So 'budget tyre' means lots of different things ...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
My favourite big tyres (700x42, roadie big, not MTB big) were Continental Comfort Contact which I got for £15 the pair. They were better than the Touring Plus that I bought for more than double the price, in any case.

Top Bottom