We have 5 kittens

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

North Notts/South Yorks border,

You can have her/him if you desire, but they are extremely timid, we're likely to be the first humans that have ever got close to them, they will need a huge amount of work as I'm sure you're aware.

North Notts/South Yorks border,

You can have her/him if you desire, but they are extremely timid, we're likely to be the first humans that have ever got close to them, they will need a huge amount of work as I'm sure you're aware.

Ah, drat...

If CP are not being helpful, I certainly would check out local independent rescues.

As much as I'd love her, Mesdames Poppy and Lexi would be utterly horrified... :blush: Torties (whatever the non-red bits are) are overwhelmingly female.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Latest update is we have placed these 2 with somebody over near Chester, just means I have a 170 mile round trip tomorrow evening, but at least they'll be saved.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The saga continues :laugh: during the day yesterday the ladies who are attempting to place the kittens/young cats found a place for them in Gainsborough which is a lot closer than Chester, however on getting to the field I was greeted by Mr Evil

IMG_20221121_161359_521.jpg

He was not happy, growling & hissing, big barstool he was, over 10Kg easily, I would not liked to have cornered him if he wasn't confined, our cat thought it was funny & was jabbing her paw through the bars at him always out of reach. He might be her father & possibly dad to her kittens so I think she was just getting her own back.

He was whisked off the Chester to have his bumps felt & a new home provided

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The 2 remaining kittens/young cats were collected last night by a lovely lady, if we trap anymore she maybe able to help with them as well, in the last 4 years she's arranged over 600 neuter & spays in the area, that is some going.

Trap empty this morning which is good, we may move it down to the next smallholding at the weekend to see if we can get the other Tom that we think is around.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

One of the young females we caught, took to the vet & was told she'd already been spayed is now pregnant, way you go vets, so that's one issue, another is we have seen at least 3 more feral cats hanging around, maybe we didn't get them all last time, or they've moved in since the big Tom was removed & they're trying to take over.

We borrowed a trap last time but don't seem to be able to get hold of the people who I borrowed it from last time, so does anyone know the make of a trap which has a perspex lift up door at one end & the actual trap dropdown at the other as pictured above. I know it's a long shot but thought I'd ask.

Drago

Legendary Member
I love cats, and when I got my boy Lemmy I had 4 cats at that time. I'm a bit of a schmuck and can't say 'No' to a homeless kitty in need.

Anyhoo, 3 of the cats were laydee moggies and once they'd got over the shock of having a puppy in the house they took it in turns to groom him and teach him manners. As a result he grew up liking cats and used to be very disappointed when we'd see a cat while out for a walk and I wouldn't let him go over to say hello. Poor old boy just didn't realise that other cats weren't friendly like his pussy cat friends.

I have two cats left now, Lois Griffin who is 13 and Mrs Tibbles who is 15, and generally they steer clear of Bruce. Its almost is if they're saying "another puppy? Were too old for this s**t!"

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Just realised I'd not updated this, the cage arrived on the Friday, setup around 4pm on Saturday, by 7pm we had a tom in the cage, he was taken over to the Feral rescue in Gainsborough on Sunday, vets on Monday to have his bumps felt & off to his new home following Saturday.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-12 at 20.24.05.jpeg

Then I put the cage down at the other small holding where we suspected pregnant female was, got her Monday night & put her into a cage to keep her safe, she produced 5 kittens this morning, unfortunately only 4 survived.

Before the kittens

20230426_081419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom