We need to get together on this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Not sure if this is the thread to post this in but... this morning I was in Kendal doing last minute Xmas shopping and to my horror I spotted someone with egg smothered around their mush, down their jumper and their jeans wandering amongst the crowds. Can you believe that?

Why we are letting riff-raff like this into our lovely little town is beyond me.

I blame Brexit.

Love it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Definitely a roll up here. A muffin is a cake :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If someone says "blueberry muffin" or "savoury muffin" then you know to expect a poncy cake form of snack

likewise "toasted muffin" is a bread product, a cheap version of which is incorporated into the McMuffin range

and supermarkets sell Lancashire oven bottom Muffins, which I think the OP was on about initially, and i would commend anyone to try those. Een as a proud Yorkshireman I will seek out those bad boys, great for slapping bacon and a fried in.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
If someone says "blueberry muffin" or "savoury muffin" then you know to expect a poncy cake form of snack

likewise "toasted muffin" is a bread product, a cheap version of which is incorporated into the McMuffin range

and supermarkets sell Lancashire oven bottom Muffins, which I think the OP was on about initially, and i would commend anyone to try those. Een as a proud Yorkshireman I will seek out those bad boys, great for slapping bacon and a fried in.
What's a barmcake then

I call the bread roll things most burger vans sell their bacon in buns. Supermarkets round here used to use bread rolls but a few are now using the word stories! No! Stotties are so wrong that even my phone doesn't like them! I'm not going to correct my phone's autocorrect over the word stories again. We're not Scottish or geordie or from Yarkshire or whatever godforsaken part of this planet the word stories came from.

PS I quite like parts of Yorkshire and Scotland so I don't really mean it when I call them godforsaken places. Afterall god doesn't exist anyway.

Union Jack Cafe? Not been there in 15 years. Still the same guy running it? It's average at best but cheap hence it's popular. Milnthorpe burger van (Sue's) is in another league compared to the UJC. So much better food.

I am ok with language and regional challenges. I go ballistic when I find one egg in a Full English. The menu says full English and I say a "full English".

Of all places in Cambridge, not in Tower Hamlet, Bradford, Tooting or Edgware Road.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The pretentious version is cup cake and not muffin.
Don't be silly:laugh:. the clue is in the name ending in muffin. Savoury cup cake? I think not.:laugh:

What's a barmcake then
I was merely explaining Muffins. :okay:

This may help some people or provoke more debate....

1640093354227.png

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The only decent muffin is the sort that you toast and can serve with sweet or savoury toppings. It's permitted to have them flavoured with things like cheese or cinnamon and sultanas.

The cake type of muffin is just a large fluffy cupcake.

Top Bottom