We need to get together on this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnsop99

Veteran
Definitely baps here in Cornwall

bagpuss

Guru
Maybe we could all sign up for an open university sandwich course on colloquialisms .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Calmac ferries sell rolls. Bacon rolls, egg rolls and all sorts of variations of fillings.
There is a cafe just off the A90 north of Perth near Perthshire Caravans sale area which sells bacon rolls which are the best I ever had. Lots of bacon. Cannot remember the name now but some bovine connection.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cannot remember the name now but some bovine connection.
The Horse Shoe at Inchture?
Used to stop there if I had time while I was driving lorries on the Glasgow/Aberdeen airport runs. Great breakfast in there, for not a lot. Stracathro services further north, on the other hand, avoid unless really desperate!

slow scot

Veteran
Calmac ferries sell rolls. Bacon rolls, egg rolls and all sorts of variations of fillings.
There is a cafe just off the A90 north of Perth near Perthshire Caravans sale area which sells bacon rolls which are the best I ever had. Lots of bacon. Cannot remember the name now but some bovine connection.
I think you mean “The Horn”. A must stop if going south from Aberdeen. The bacon roll is part of north east culinary legend. I think it is an undisputed medical fact that two a year is the maximum quantity for remaining free of major heart defects!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
World Wars have started with less than what's a bap/muffin/roll/batch !:tongue:
To be honest I consider the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand & the invasion of Poland marginally more serious, but its a close run thing....:laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The Horse Shoe at Inchture?
Used to stop there if I had time while I was driving lorries on the Glasgow/Aberdeen airport runs. Great breakfast in there, for not a lot. Stracathro services further north, on the other hand, avoid unless really desperate!
No further south. I think slow scot has it correct. The Horn most likely. On the coast nearby is Errol and a winery was about there as well. The caravan place is the most obvious landmark and I bought my last motorhome from them. Good service and a good price as well.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I think you mean “The Horn”. A must stop if going south from Aberdeen. The bacon roll is part of north east culinary legend. I think it is an undisputed medical fact that two a year is the maximum quantity for remaining free of major heart defects!
I think you are correct but my memory for names seems to have deserted me.

Top Bottom